Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quiet Protests

Quiet Protests

People are actually filling potholes with potting soil and planting trees to show how the items are NOT being repaired.

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Where?
    Anywhere there is a pothole and no surveillance cameras or police officers watching.

If I has a fancy cellphone, then I could take a pic but I am too frugal for the fancy cellphone!

Let us try this again.. Where as in what state and city are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Let us try this again.. Where as in what state and city are you?

If you are addressing me, then why would I tell you my address? Your address is not posted underneath your forum name.

Also, I never said that these silent protest were in my city and location.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Sandy View Post
    If you are addressing me, then why would I tell you my address? Your address is not posted underneath your forum name.

Also, I never said that these silent protest were in my city and location.

Then where are they? Link to a story about them? Or is this just an idea you have, or "something cute" aka April Fools joke?

It is the spreading of "news" without citing any sources whatsoever. Much more appropriate to cite sources.

Do we wonder how many fake or made up stories get spread around? I get it from Facebook all the time.

I did think I had seen something somewhere so did a Google search and found:

http://www.wjcl.com/article/frustrat...othole/9186157

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    It is the spreading of "news" without citing any sources whatsoever. Much more appropriate to cite sources.

Do we wonder how many fake or made up stories get spread around? I get it from Facebook all the time.

I feel bad for the trees.

I heard about the anarchists in Portland filling potholes to show that they feel things will still get taken care of without government. They are not planting trees where they will get run over however. I found a couple real newspaper citations including The Atlantic

https://www.citylab.com/politics/201...tholes/519588/

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post

That would be a "protest" against herself, since the pothole is in her property and not on the street.
    Here in my corner of MO, we have a phone number to call to report pot holes (which get filled in around 24 hours, depending on weather), because the city will always need help finding them. (don't know about them, can't fill them, and it helps with their need to repave statistics)

Thread Information