Thanks everyone. BL....I am fairly certain the running will make it worse. That's a ton of downward force on those already falling organs. I'm guessing here, but I'll bet that even if you had the surgery, they would caution you against running much again.
I also don't think that wearing a pessary helps slow the worsening of it. It just holds the organs in a better position so you can can pee and poop and not have anything falling outside your body.
How old are you? Do you live in a bigger city? Sounds curious that you have the prolapses and they told you to wait 10 years for the surgery. Sounds like a small town to me. (I'm a small town girl, but I would never have medical treatment in a small town).
Also......please check out the possibilities of physiotherapy for POP. I think it's terribly downplayed and can do some good. I'm seeing a NP at a women's clinic in a couple weeks and they asked if I wanted surgery right away or wanted to pursue other possible treatments. Of course I chose the latter. I fear surgeons only consider surgery, so the NP will probably give me lots of other options, if my condition isn't horrible.

I know you really want to run, but sometimes, unfortunately, we have to give up things we love because of physical problems. Good luck to you!