Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nuclear Option

The Nuclear Option

I see that the Democrats have the 41 votes in the Senate that give them the power to filibuster the Gorsuch nomination. I also see that the Republicans have the 51 votes needed to exercise the "Nuclear Option". CSPAN may become the network for drama.

I hope for all our sakes that somebody explains to the President what "nuclear option" means.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see that the Democrats have the 41 votes in the Senate that give them the power to filibuster the Gorsuch nomination. I also see that the Republicans have the 51 votes needed to exercise the "Nuclear Option". CSPAN may become the network for drama.

I hope for all our sakes that somebody explains to the President what "nuclear option" means.
    LOL
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Don't worry, Ivanka now has an office in the West Wing. She will hide the red button, I have faith in that girl.

This red button?

And that was, in fact, easy. Get ready for the next democratic president to put a lesbian latina abortion doctor on the sipreme court in a 52/48 party line vote. No president will ever again strive to pick a centrist like merreick garland in the hopes of getting bipartisan support.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? It could be that the Court would be better served by a wider assortment of diverse perspectives.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I don't for a minute believe the democrats would not have done to same thing in the same position. they need to go back to fistfights in the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I don't for a minute believe the democrats would not have done to same thing in the same position. they need to go back to fistfights in the senate.

A CSPAN, pay per view event....
    Ultimate congressional cage match, bust a brawl weekend. The Filibuster from down under (the dome).

Our Republican Senator spoke at length to justify it, saying essentially a vote for Supreme Court Justice now works the same way it used to several years ago. It is impossible for me to know how much of a spin this is and how much it is commn sense, but he spoke convincingly, for what it is worth.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-7-17 at 10:28am.

I am really sick of both parties at this point. In the old days both parties would compromise and work together on things that were important.