Thread: April purge

April purge

Or in my case, April balance of trade

so far for April:
    In: one pair of swim goggles
    out: actually nothing, but I added two books to the out pile this morning.

I'm talking to myself, but I'm trying to keep myself honest here.

picked up 100 trees to plant this morning (none more than 3' tall, most 6-12") and stopped at the thrift on my way home. They didn't have anything on my list, but I bought a stainless steel compost can with a foot pedal and removable bucket for $3. Dh hates the bowl on the kitchen counter. It will fit under my sink. Also spent 50 cents on six craft store quality chains, but I'm planning to use those for necklaces to sell at my pottery booth. I figured I can charge more for chains than ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I'm talking to myself, but I'm trying to keep myself honest here.

picked up 100 trees to plant this morning (none more than 3' tall, most 6-12") and stopped at the thrift on my way home. They didn't have anything on my list, but I bought a stainless steel compost can with a foot pedal and removable bucket for $3. Dh hates the bowl on the kitchen counter. It will fit under my sink. Also spent 50 cents on six craft store quality chains, but I'm planning to use those for necklaces to sell at my pottery booth. I figured I can charge more for chains than ribbons.
    What kind of trees are they, Chicken lady? I'm thinking with 100 or so it's likely a windbreak of some sort that you're after?

I have two heeled-in cherry trees that I must plant this weekend.

Mostly Native flowering understory to replace invasive honeysuckle on sloped areas. thirsty cypress for the swampy areas near the pond and creek, a few nut trees for somebody's grandchildren or future squirrels, and ten blue spruce because I like them and I have a fantasy of cutting a few for Christmas trees with grandchildren.

I donated a pile of books and a flip phone yesterday (Lion's Club has a donation box for phones, eyeglasses and hearing aids down the street). I sent a large bag of clothes to online consignment shop Thred-Up last week. It will be interesting to see how that goes. It was certainly easy, so worst-case scenario is I got rid of a bunch of clothes I wasn't wearing. If I make any money, it will be frosting on the cake.

1. box of books to the library for their sale.
    2. Big boxes of stuff decluttered for our animal shelter garage sale.
    3. Big bag of quilting related stuff and two quilt frames to our quilt show sale.
    4. Box of old toys to domestic violence shelter thrift store.
    5. Used an old canvas drop cloth and some curtains to make cage covers requested by animal shelter.

Watched Minimalism on Netflix and got inspired. Need to do more decluttering. And I really need a note to carry with me and read that says "just because it is cheap or free does not mean you need it or want it."

My sister and I have been cleaning out my parents' home. It's a PITA not just because of all the stuff but that both of us are trying to declutter our own homes and really don't want to bring in more stuff to sort out and deal with. Both of us have decided not to sort out anymore but just round up and take it all to Goodwill.

I just got through the last round of "stuff" I brought home including several knitted slippers that my Grandma would knit and give away every Christmas. There were 3 unused pairs that my mother kept. I didn't need them as I have two pairs myself. Ended up bringing them to my cousin while visiting her in Florida. It was that last of stuff I brought home so not only did I get it out of the house but it went to a family member. So glad I was going to leave with an empty bag BUT my cousin presented me with a jello mold that had my mom's name on it. It was an old mold that we assume was left with my aunt and never made it's way back to my mom. I didn't need the thing but ended up bringing it home anyway for the next Goodwill round. Sigh.

Thread Information