Thread: Yoga video recommendations?

Yoga video recommendations?

Can anyone link to some good beginner yoga videos on YouTube? I need to be more flexible for diving. I'm trying to find a local class without all the meditation stuff. (I want a "secular" yoga class), but no success so far.

I'll start with YouTube videos and work on my own. Links, please. Thanks!

Here's the online yoga program I use. It has a HUGE # of videos for any type of yoga, focus (i.e. flexibility v strength), length, level.. There is a trial fee of .99 for one month, and after that it's 9.99. I'm sure you can find a lot of free YouTube videos, but I just thought I'd pass along the site I use because it's so comprehensive.

Here's a link to Rodney Yee, one of my favorite instructors on this site, and here he has a whole series on flexibility.

https://www.gaia.com/video/yoga-flexibility-0
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm a fan of Priscilla Patrick and her video series on PBS. I'm not aware that they can be streamed, but our PBS stations play them every morning.

I love Lilias Forten, but cannot find a you tube for her. I love Rodney Yee as well. Check your library for dvds- they often carry older ones. I'm doing Tai Chi now but only a week in and not at all every day, but I am thinking it will help with balance. Keep trying until you find one you love!

Thanks!

I searched yoga for beginners on YouTube and found a channel called Yoga with Adriene. I like her voice, not a lot of the New Age stuff in the video I saw, plus a cute dog. Free!

Nice and gentle. My calves are always tight, and downward facing dog gave them a really nice stretch. There were some lunge type poses I didn't even try due to my knees, but I feel nice, loose, and relaxed.

I belong to LA Fitness and a friend told me to check their class schedule. There are 2 weeknights with yoga classes I could make, but the home yoga has its advantages. I'm already at the pool two weeknights doing a mile in the pool. Takes me an hour. Great cardio.

Thread Information