Thread: Easy bookkeeping ideas?

Easy bookkeeping ideas?

Hi, looking for an easy way to do bookkeeping. Is there any good apps or maybe non tech ideas?

Non tech idea, the same way my grandfather did it back when he had either of his businesses in the 20's. Pen and paper (he using a school composition book).
    I don't know about "apps" as I am less likely to do it on a phone (no smart phone, really wouldn't want that where it could be left behind). For a program I use Gnucash, which is an opensource program that can be pretty simple, or hugely complicated as needed. (has more features then one has to use)
    The simplest (first) may very well be the best. It was what I used when I first started tracking all my spending.

Depends what you mean by "bookkeeping" and what you need to do. For tracking my personal spending, I throw the receipts onto a table and write down the amount and the category in a notebook. I tally this up monthly and transfer the totals to a spreadsheet.

When I had a small business, I used Quicken. Mostly because it could also produce invoices and the like.

Set a budget for average income and expenses. Set up envelopes for each expense. When the money runs out in the envelope, evaluate and decide what needs to change - the spending or the budget allowed. Eliminates all but the most basic bookkeeping records. You did say simple.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

there are accounting software available http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/754...-software.html

Thread Information