Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Try 20 New Recipes Challenge

Jane, sounds wonderfull. I have what I think is an instapot at my weekend house, got it at the thrift store, it looked new. I have been using it only to cook rice.

I actually have garam masala in my cupboard, made by me from cinnamon sticks and green cardemon and etc.

hope I remembier to try this recipe this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jane, sounds wonderfull. I have what I think is an instapot at my weekend house, got it at the thrift store, it looked new. I have been using it only to cook rice.

I actually have garam masala in my cupboard, made by me from cinnamon sticks and green cardemon and etc.

hope I remembier to try this recipe this winter.
    TwoSleevers is a site well worth bookmarking.

I haven't made it yet, but I whipped up an Indianesque dish of curried chicken thighs, onion, shallots, garlic, and basmati rice (cooked with cardamom) in my Instant Pot. I don't normally go on about appliances, but I'm mad about mine, and use it at least five times a week. I love that there's no babysitting.

For those who have an Instant Pot or similar, here's one of many good sites with tasty-sounding recipes: https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/...t-pot-recipes/

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    TwoSleevers is a site well worth bookmarking.

I haven't made it yet, but I whipped up an Indianesque dish of curried chicken thighs, onion, shallots, garlic, and basmati rice (cooked with cardamom) in my Instant Pot. I don't normally go on about appliances, but I'm mad about mine, and use it at least five times a week. I love that there's no babysitting.
    Well, the no babysitting is what I oove about rice cookers, perfect rice every time and no boiling over and messy stove to clean up.

The IP cooks rice well enough for me--perhaps not up to the standards of a Zojirushi. The no-fuss aspect sold me. I understand you can make perfect non-stir risotto, but I can't vouch for that.

We recently succumbed to the Instant Pot craze, it took a while because several of our garage shelves are filled with bread makers, George Foreman grills and similar appliances. I'm convinced that the IP is the real deal, we use ours several times a week and I expect to use it more frequently now that I'm retired.
    Jane, I've bookmarked your sites. Thanks!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Another vote for Hip Pressure Cooking.

I made this Monday evening. The chicken came out very moist and tasty. You could change it around with lots of different flavorings: https://healinggourmet.com/healthy-r...ooker-chicken/
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

#13: Tonight I made roasted potatoes with rosemary, salmon with a teriyaki sauce from Trader Joe's (yes, a shortcut) and steamed asparagus.

Obviously, nothing too complicated, but it still felt like a milestone for me because it feels like I have in my repertoire a quick, easy dinner I can make for guests which I also really like.

Another bonus: during the school year, I had really slipped into giving my daughter various Trader Joe's prepared meals for dinner because I was so tired and didn't feel like I had the energy to deal with serving her something she wasn't used to and might complain about. But over the last couple of weeks, I've told her while I will try to cook meals I think she will enjoy, I'm not letting her "order" dinner anymore. From now on, what's served is what's served, and I only ask her to try new things. If she doesn't like something, she doesn't have to eat it.

Well, she tasted everything on her plate tonight and really liked the roasted potatoes, which was a nice surprise. It wasn't a surprise that she wasn't crazy about the salmon or the asparagus, but there was no big drama about it, and she still got a (small) dessert. She had also had hummus and chips as an appetizer, so I didn't feel like it was too much of a loss nutrition-wise.

I feel like I'm gaining confidence in my cooking, which I think is the whole point of this little project for me. I think it' just a matter of doing it over and over.

I am not big on little kitchen stuff but did succumb to George Foreman grill and bread Machine)

Thread Information