Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Try 20 New Recipes Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    If it's one thing I don't need, it's sugar, and strawberry-rhubarb pie is one of the dishes I've attempted. I felt like an idiot trying to eat around the rhubarb. A decorative planting, maybe?
    Why not, like decorative kale? The stalks are pretty. The leaves are poisonous, so it gives the garden that air of danger.. .

That is all I have grown Rhubarb for. It is truly a lovely green full plant with the tall seed stalks. I just decided to try a few deserts. It is a flavor I enjoyed, but I don't need to eat an entire pie myself, so the plant will just stay a decorative beauty.

Recipe #5: sauteed spinach - another easy one, I know, but I'd never done it, and now I have. Recipe #6: I tried inventing a recipe: basically I tossed the spinach, some leftover chicken, and some spaghetti in a big bowl of olive oil with garlic to see if I could make a big garlicy pasta dish. It worked okay, but I was a little too timid with the garlic, I think. Next time I'll put in more.

Counting each thing I try, no matter how simple, is a good incentive.

I really like pesto made of spinach, sauteed walnuts, garlic, and olive or avocado oil--much better than standard pesto.

[QUOTE=JaneV2.0;268121]I really like pesto made of spinach, sauteed walnuts, garlic, and olive or avocado oil--much better than standard pesto.[/QUOTE
    That sounds like a pesto that I would like.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    That is all I have grown Rhubarb for. It is truly a lovely green full plant with the tall seed stalks. I just decided to try a few deserts. It is a flavor I enjoyed, but I don't need to eat an entire pie myself, so the plant will just stay a decorative beauty.
    we really like rhubarb in cooked oatmeal. We often cook oatmeal porridge with a cup of blueberries and a cup of rhubarb.

Mary B, that's an idea I will try. The blueberries will counter the tartness of the rhubarb.