Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Try 20 New Recipes Challenge

Last night was Raw "peanut butter" cookies. Ok I was still doing the Raw recipes. I really doubt if these are good for me, but so fun and yummy to make.
    1 cup almonds
    1 cup dates
    1/3 cup tahini
    1 1/2 tbs cacao nibs
    1/8 tsp sea salt

All ground up and rolled into balls put in fridge ( mine into freezer so I can just eat one as needed)

This book has wonderful, healthy recipes that are very easy to make. I am trying all kinds of things. See if your library has it.... https://www.linkcat.info/cgi-bin/koh...number=1196685

Thanks for the recipes and book suggestion, folks.

I made two new recipes last week: roasted new potatoes (I know, very basic, but I'd never done it, so I'm counting it) and Lemon Thyme Chicken Tenders. Both were successes that I would make again. 4 down, 16 to go.

Today is a Custard Rhubarb pie. Now this is not falling into a healthy diet I have been striving for of lately, but it is spring and that comes but once a year! My old neighbor used to bring us a slice in the spring, yesterday we spoke on phone and she gave me the recipe as we no longer live close.

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    Today is a Custard Rhubarb pie. Now this is not falling into a healthy diet I have been striving for of lately, but it is spring and that comes but once a year! My old neighbor used to bring us a slice in the spring, yesterday we spoke on phone and she gave me the recipe as we no longer live close.
    DH makes that pie, it is delish.

Loved it! Hubby, not so much. We figured for him is was more the once a year treat the neighbor used to bring over

Thanks for the reminder about rhubarb custard pie. For some reason, that slipped my mind, and I was looking at my growing rhubarb and thinking about regular rhubarb pie. I much prefer rhubarb custard pie, so I am relieved that I will have something to make with it.
    Does anyone have a good rhubarb jam recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Does anyone have a good rhubarb jam recipe?
    Jam the rhubarb down the garbage disposal? Rhubarb is the one vegetable (?) I can't get down--and I've tried, as a child and as an adult--so I know it's not an acquired taste. Maybe I'm a "taster," but I don't think so.

It's got a lot of vitamin C, Jane,and with ample sugar, is pretty good! It also grows like a madman and it's the only thing ripe in May.

If it's one thing I don't need, it's sugar, and strawberry-rhubarb pie is one of the dishes I've attempted. I felt like an idiot trying to eat around the rhubarb. A decorative planting, maybe?

Thread Information