Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Try 20 New Recipes Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    If it's one thing I don't need, it's sugar, and strawberry-rhubarb pie is one of the dishes I've attempted. I felt like an idiot trying to eat around the rhubarb. A decorative planting, maybe?
    Why not, like decorative kale? The stalks are pretty. The leaves are poisonous, so it gives the garden that air of danger.. .

That is all I have grown Rhubarb for. It is truly a lovely green full plant with the tall seed stalks. I just decided to try a few deserts. It is a flavor I enjoyed, but I don't need to eat an entire pie myself, so the plant will just stay a decorative beauty.

Recipe #5: sauteed spinach - another easy one, I know, but I'd never done it, and now I have. Recipe #6: I tried inventing a recipe: basically I tossed the spinach, some leftover chicken, and some spaghetti in a big bowl of olive oil with garlic to see if I could make a big garlicy pasta dish. It worked okay, but I was a little too timid with the garlic, I think. Next time I'll put in more.

Counting each thing I try, no matter how simple, is a good incentive.

I really like pesto made of spinach, sauteed walnuts, garlic, and olive or avocado oil--much better than standard pesto.

[QUOTE=JaneV2.0;268121]I really like pesto made of spinach, sauteed walnuts, garlic, and olive or avocado oil--much better than standard pesto.[/QUOTE
    That sounds like a pesto that I would like.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    That is all I have grown Rhubarb for. It is truly a lovely green full plant with the tall seed stalks. I just decided to try a few deserts. It is a flavor I enjoyed, but I don't need to eat an entire pie myself, so the plant will just stay a decorative beauty.
    we really like rhubarb in cooked oatmeal. We often cook oatmeal porridge with a cup of blueberries and a cup of rhubarb.

Mary B, that's an idea I will try. The blueberries will counter the tartness of the rhubarb.

Today is a Tahini dressing on Kale with raisins and garbanzo beans salad. The dressing was tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, mint and parsley with a date all ground and mixed well. Look forward to dinner tonight.

Recipe #7: broccoli soup - came out a little bland, need to find the recipe online again and see what the commenters say about jazzing it up. Recipe #8: my favorite so far: mushroom quesadillas, because they were delicious, health and EASY. I sort of worked off a New York Times recipe, but kept it simpler. Just sauteed the mushrooms in olive oil and garlic, then put them between a couple of flour tortillas with some shredded cheese. YUM. And the broccoli soup was a good companion dish.

Moving on from the Raw recipes now, fun while it lasted All those nuts could not have been good for me. etchsae the quesadilla sounds yummy.

Thread Information