I had a good idea, a really super good idea actually. And to make it better people at work, like more than one, really noticed. Part of the goals we have for this year were to provide transition activities for 5th graders to go to middle school. I work with the middle school after school coordinator and several of her students used to come to my programs. So my idea was to give the middle school kids something like a go-pro and film 'a day in the life of a middle schooler'. They could film a couple kids who my kids may know and then do the editing and screen it for us. I already know instructors and a program in our department that works with this level of technology. So I got very excited high fives from both the technology coordinator and my supervisor in a meeting. It is not just a good idea, I can pull it off which is the best idea.

This helps since I recently had a wonderful (sarcastic) fall apart moment with some new paperwork requirements that I took very badly as a move of power and control by the supervisors and a sign that my job was being dumbed down. The person I was talking to ended up with saying I was NOT too sensitive and that it was brave of me to come in and talk to her, and I am still going to cringe. It is better if people see me as the artsy sensitive type than the mentally unstable type (I am very stable at work actually,I just freak out outside of work).