Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: April Frugals!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    staying under on the grocery budget so far on the running total I started March 1. Should get easier later in the year when the garden comes in, but then there will be "stock up" investments like apples for canning and berries to freeze.
    I'm anxious for our CSA to begin 3rd week of May. I paid the total in January so it always feels free when it finally starts! All we need to buy fresh once it starts is our fruit cuz the veg share is generally huge for 2....but doable if we don't go out to eat!

We never have any problem staying on budget for groceries. However, we both love to eat out and try to do it only once/week. However, lately we have been going out twice. On one forum I belong to some of the people eat out everyday. I would love it but it would be too unhealthy.
    when I eat out I like to eat things that I don't cook at home.

Yppej
    I kept following up with the library. They found the book mangled in one of their sorting machines so I will not have to pay to replace it.

Yppej: Good for you; bad for the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    when I eat out I like to eat things that I don't cook at home.
    That is us to a tea!

Yppej
    Got a surprise call asking if I would like a paid position with a great non-profit, but I looked up their Form 990-EZ and total compensation is only $26,000 a year, which is just not enough in the Northeast for a single income household. 6 of the 10 days at my new job I have questioned my ability to do the job or my desire to or both, but I am sticking with it because it does provide a living wage and good benefits.

Yppej: As your tenure increases, you will surely be more confident in you ability to do the job. As far as desire goes, I guess only time will tell, but we can hope for the best!
    We're about to shift to all dept members being able to work from home 2 days per week instead of just one. That is exciting because it will save on commuting costs, time and work wardrobe needs.

Yppej
    Ugh! Wardrobe needs. My feet are killing me from the dress shoe requirement at my new job so I stopped by Payless last night but they had no kitten heels or flats to my liking so I am wearing heels again today. Zipped sweatshirts are a no go too and my cardigans are wearing out. I picked up one last weekend for $20 and also found a winter jacket on sale for $4. This was at Sears. Not much I cared for there either. I can see why they are in financial trouble. Friday is order lunch out day at work but I am going to skip this week to help offset the clothing purchases.
    Last edited by Yppej; 4-28-17 at 4:49am. Reason: .

My friends are saying nice things about ThredUp for gently used clothes. I think they have a first time discount code online. I've seen several sponsored posts on facebook because, well, friends are using it. Hope that helps.

Yppej
    Thank you for the suggestion MM, but I always like to try clothes on. I don't mind the clothes buying process, but the expense and time. Their prices are good though so I may change my mind if I find a brand whose sizing I already am familiar with.

Thread Information