Thread: Frugal Travel

Frugal Travel

Got home late last night from NM.
    Had a great time! Fit in the Tent Rocks hike, Petroglyphs National Monument hikes two days, several trips between Albuquerque and Santa Fe, Meowwolf (what a trip!) https://meowwolf.com/, a lot of art, and bonus I got to meet SuzieQ at her new job in Madrid.

It was a cheap trip: $14 a day car rental, two hotel rooms my parents insisted on paying for, free nights crashing at cousins while son crashed at friends, tons of good food. My son and I are already thinking about planning our next trip out and we haven't even unpacked from this one yet. I splurged a bit and bought a native american made howlite necklace at Old Town Albuquerque, some woodturning pieces at an artist co-op, and necklace/earrings from SuzieQ.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

That sounds great!! So exciting that you met/bought from one of our own!

And how did you find a $14/day car rental??
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Sounds wonderful and a place I would love to visit sometime. Thanks for the info and sharing.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

And how did you find a $14/day car rental??
    Not my best. Last year same time frame I got $12 a day! Book very early through AARP discount. AARP also ensures you get an upgrade if available. So I booked compact and got upgraded to mid-size Jeep.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Sounds wonderful and a place I would love to visit sometime. Thanks for the info and sharing.
    It really is. I lived outside Santa Fe in '85 and I'm drawn back time and again. I'd move in a heartbeat if I could get my DH on board.

Thread Information