Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesting is so good for the soul.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Catherine, my point was about proactive public relations, not about what they owed anyone, or if they owed anyone.
    Yeah, I get that, but I wouldn't want to encourage bad behavior by other people who may want to squat in upgraded seats
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    One thing UA might want to do is to make it a policy that all doctors fly free (since having a doctor on board is a good thing) and that all honeymooners get upgraded for free.

That's my feedback for UA, also free!
    I'd rather have a paramedic or a wilderness/remote EMT on a plane helping me for a sudden medical event than a random doctor. The event I helped with mid-air had a doctor present, an OB, who was useless for the situation, and who had no diagnostic skills. (Problem turned out to be blood-sugar related, simply going through the drilled checklist produced the answer and provided a remedy. Doctor was still scrambling trying to figure out how to take a blood pressure under stress...)

After looking up the crime rate in the 85006 I'd be much more concerned with my neighbors than a airline.

I agree with Bae. Just like nurses specialize, so do docs. We get good at what we do everyday, and we only do a tiny percentage of the whole thing. Additionally, docs delegate to nurses and nurses delegate to techs - so the simple but essential assessments outside of a controlled hospital or clinic setting can confound the best of us.

I'd take an EMT any time over a doc or nurse.

And that was way off topic but I find it more interesting than the rest of this arguing.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Off to protest United Airlines again....I understand there is donated horchata once again and also carne asada being provided tonight for the protesters. Tonight was a bit of a moral slash ethical decision for me as I had to turn down a shift offered to me to participate.....I did the survival math, factored in my Mother and how she raised me to be, factored in my husband and in-laws, factored in how dicey health care has been in this country for me before Obamacare, and made the only logical choice and decided to protest. Of course with a fully charged smartphone to download any issues that hopefully will not arise to the ACLU and to the Internet at large.

Gotta say though this whole United Airlines issue has made me closer to all my relatives, my husband and in-laws, my Mother, and beyond that, to my friends and neighbors in the 85006. Truly I wear my zip code tonight as a badge of honor. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    After looking up the crime rate in the 85006 I'd be much more concerned with my neighbors than a airline.
    I beg to differ with you. I'd trust a random resident of the 85006 over a random resident of a much higher class, lower crime rate zip code any day. Reason? The type of crime committed in the much "nicer" zip code. America has taught me, barring evidence to the contrary, to trust recent immigrants and lower income folks over those in the "nicer" areas. All that really differs is that the residents of the nicer zip codes will serve lesser sentences for any crimes committed (and caught for) and will tend to have longer life spans in "nicer" surroundings. No thanks. I'll take the 85006 any day over such hypocracy. Rob

Ay carumba, not much time to respond as we are pulling onto Buckeye Road on the protester carpool (real close to parking and the meetup area/networking area for tonight's protest, and I understand that we have a large turnout from one of Tempe's (a suburb, close in) struggling zip codes). I don't understand your point - in the sense that I have lived in the 85006 for years with no crime issues - nor have any of my immediate neighbors - so your data to date does not apply to my block. I would live in the 85006 ANY day over some of the Valley's "nicer" zip codes. Rob

It just seems strange that you have a problem with America, but are happy to live in a poor, high crime area.

Have fun at your protest, I have not seen any reports of protest in the news. Stay safe.

Thread Information