Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesting is so good for the soul.....

When I fly I shop by price. so when I go to KS that means I fly United. when I go to Chicago it usually means American. Non-stop is also important if I can get it.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Still waiting for the funding, for my "mandated" cell phone from a certain zip code.
    If you are perchance referring to the 85006, I have no idea what you are talking about. Care to clarify? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    If you are perchance referring to the 85006, I have no idea what you are talking about. Care to clarify? Rob
    I think they are referencing your suggestion that everyone should have a smartphone at the ready to record video whenever people are being wronged.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I think they are referencing your suggestion that everyone should have a smartphone at the ready to record video whenever people are being wronged.
    Fair enough, Jp1. What threw me off were the words "mandated" and "funding" - I don't get how this ties into my zip code. What you have posted, however, not only do I agree with, but is along the lines of what I mean. Rob

So, you are a fan of unfunded mandates?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Fair enough, Jp1. What threw me off were the words "mandated" and "funding" - I don't get how this ties into my zip code. What you have posted, however, not only do I agree with, but is along the lines of what I mean. Rob
    I think this is how Trump got elected. The idea that the government should give people healthcare, free phones, food and so on. Because there are many people who get up every morning, go to work to the best of their ability, pay the mortgage, pay taxes and so on. Yet they see people getting assistance with the very things they are struggling to provide for their family. Plus paying taxes. And watching their health insurance premiums increase, and good paying jobs disappear by going overseas or done by non union shops or illegals paid under the table.

As as they see their middle class life slip away, along comes someone who will "make America great again". Rallying against regulations, immigration that only makes the population browner, and even strong independent women who might want to control their reproductive cycle. The perfect storm.

I doubt most most of the posters here feel like those who have lost jobs, have an illness or left by a spouse should end up in the gutter. They might need some help to get on their feet. But I think the concept that tax paying Americans should pay for phones of better quality than I have as a tax payer, to record wrongs done by people who get up every day and try to maintain law and order. Of course there are a few bad apples, some people who have gone over the edge for one reason or another, but basically they do a job I would never have the guts to do.

It's all about perception and attitude. People who are abused in the hands of the police have a point. But if you do protest follow the letter of the law. And make sure what you are protesting is sensible and realistic.

Unless I missed it I don't think rob ever said that the gov't should pay for people's smart phones. Only that everyone should have one so that they can film wrongs.

And also, unless I missed it, Trump was the one promising to create trumpcare that was going to provide better coverage for way less money. Perhaps no one points this out because everyone knew that he was lying through his teeth when he made that promise so they didn't take it seriously.

And thanks, flowerseverywhere, for being the only person on this board honest enough to admit that trump's anti-immigrant stance was based on his supporters disliking of the skin color of the majority of our current immigrant population.

Really, a smartphone that is fully charged can be such an effective tool against what America has become that I'm of the opinion it should be mandatory that all adults have one on them at all times for self protection. Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Mandatory? As in, with force of law? As in, if you refuse to have one, armed agents of the state will eventually show up to drag you off, and will kill you if you resist sufficiently, as they inexorably move through their response force continuum? Nice! I love to see what sorts of things people are willing to kill others for... Or rather, the sorts of things they are willing to have their hired help kill for...
    ??? Bae, with all due respect, ???, how did you go from a mandatory smartphone to armed agents of the state, from zero to sixty in less than five seconds? Just trying to understand. Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Do you understand what happens when "mandatory" gets enforced against a non compliant person?

Do you understand your moral skin-in-the-game when you ask that something be made "mandatory" in our laws?
    Unless I missed it I don't think rob ever said that the gov't should pay for people's smart phones. Only that everyone should have one so that they can film wrongs.

And also, unless I missed it, Trump was the one promising to create trumpcare that was going to provide better coverage for way less money. Perhaps no one points this out because everyone knew that he was lying through his teeth when he made that promise so they didn't take it seriously.

And thanks, flowerseverywhere, for being the only person on this board honest enough to admit that trump's anti-immigrant stance was based on his supporters disliking of the skin color of the majority of our current immigrant population.
    Start with page 9, post #82, through post #99 on page 10. He is using language without a clue what it means. Mandatory means force of law, and there have been cases over it, because if it is mandated, then it also has to be paid for. My income would classify me as working class. (above poverty, below middle) Rob, incorrectly lists his social class in the same as economic class, as my "social class" would be in a vastly different category, then my income.
    I am still waiting for him to come up with the money, to pay for myself having a smart phone. I still use a candy bar style phone, with no texting (blocked, even), that costs me around $60 to $100 a year on a heavy year. A smart phone is a luxury, to me, not a necessity.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

the rest of us knew how complicated it was and it was not going to happen. And as I believe Alan has pointed out it seems impossible without some rationing. And getting the insurance companies out of the mix. And the government contracting directly with drug companies so they can't increase the price of life saving medicine by 200% in a year.

For some fun morning reading here here is the Donald's 100 day contract with America to make America white again. I am even tempted to print out hats. Note how major money was going to be redirected at infrastructure. How is that going? I am not thinking the swamp has been drained very much, just different predators.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_lan...ontractv02.pdf

I agree--you only have to look at Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions to figure that out. Even W Bush recently came out against the racism inherent in the current administration--without naming names. He, after all, famously has "brown" nieces and nephews. That Atlantic video pointing out that certain white male voters are apparently terrified of losing their grip on power to the scary "other" was telling, also.

Thread Information