Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from Denver.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Back from Denver.....

Back from Denver.....An amazing place. I wish I could have that climate along with the cost of living I face in Phoenix! Something that amazed me no end about Denver was that I did follow through and go to a dispensary as I had been saying I would. They were out of the bath soak that I wanted to try and I ended out buying a spray on pain reliever with marijuana and several other herbs. It really worked - I was impressed. After applying topically my pain in my back was reduced for a couple of hours and it was like being ten years younger! Very annoying to me that this product - which did not alter my mind in any way - is illegal to possess in Arizona.

I have to say that I have done a 180 the past year about marijuana and now that I see that it can be used in a medicinal not-only-for-getting-high way I am voting for it's legalization in Arizona in November (called Proposition 205 in Arizona, it just survived two court challenges against it and is headed for November's ballot). Perhaps I will donate some time to trying to get this Prop passed in Arizona.....my take is that there is no excuse for at least this one product I tried not being legal to use and possess in my home state. Rob

I'm an avid proponent of marijuana, especially for various medical complaints. It's perfectly possible to use high-CBD cannabis and not get high. I generally just choose strains that aren't noticeably psychoactive. And IMO, it's more benign than alcohol.

ITA with both of you

So glad you loved Denver, I don't want to tell people how great we are since we have a huge number of people moving here. The pot thing is really interesting, even with recreational legal it doesn't bother me (except for driving by grow houses which smell). The medicinal benefits are great, from friends with PTSD to epilepsy, and my son with anxiety and insomnia. I just think great things are possible with this more natural medicine.

Sorry I was so busy while you were here, I hope you and your hubby had a great time

You will however give up your right to purchase a firearm if you use medical marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    You will however give up your right to purchase a firearm if you use medical marijuana.
    At least if you are a registered user--which is ridiculous; you can buy cases of booze and multiple weapons all in the same day, or tiny amounts of marijuana and forfeit your right to bear arms. Lawmakers are treating cannabis as if it were methamphetamine. Pure ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    At least if you are a registered user--which is ridiculous; you can buy cases of booze and multiple weapons all in the same day, or tiny amounts of marijuana and forfeit your right to bear arms. Lawmakers are treating cannabis as if it were methamphetamine. Pure ignorance.
    Yup, the whole drug-classification system is a disaster.

However, at the moment, if you are an unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana or other controlled substances, you're out of luck. Since the nice Feds still have marijuana as a scheduled drug, even if marijuana is legal in your state of residence, you lose your rights.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Also wacky - in the state of Washington, marijuana is "legal". There's a handy marijuana store within walking distance of my home. If I were to partake though, I'd fail my "zero tolerance" blood test for drugs and not be able to work. My bloodwork could show evidence of alcohol use or all sorts of other things, and I'd be fine. The laws in Washington haven't fully caught up to the "legalization" process...

Wacky.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Yup, the whole drug-classification system is a disaster.

However, at the moment, if you are an unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana or other controlled substances, you're out of luck. Since the nice Feds still have marijuana as a scheduled drug, even if marijuana is legal in your state of residence, you lose your rights.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Wacky.
    I wonder how the interpretation of this would fall if a person has grown dependent on anti-depressants or pain medications by legal prescription? Essentially addiction and probably includes a lot of people.

I go past three or four recreational marijuana outlets on my 2 or 3 mile route to the grocery store. It still seems pretty wild to me. I don't think many of the adverse predictions have panned out, but it's obviously a substance that interferes with one's perceptions and has the potential to be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I wonder how the interpretation of this would fall if a person has grown dependent on anti-depressants or pain medications by legal prescription? Essentially addiction and probably includes a lot of people.

I go past three or four recreational marijuana outlets on my 2 or 3 mile route to the grocery store. It still seems pretty wild to me. I don't think many of the adverse predictions have panned out, but it's obviously a substance that interferes with one's perceptions and has the potential to be abused.
    There's tremendous variation among all the different strains. Some are high in CBC, which isn't noticeably psychoactive--like Charlotte's Web, developed for a young girl with a seizure disorder, and some are high in THC, which can be highly psychoactive. Then there are hybrids, with different ratios of these components. It's been noted that in areas where medical marijuana is readily available, opiate use--and abuse--declines. That sounds like progress to me.

Before recreational pot was legal it was no big secret that a motivated person could get a medical license without any real medical problems. The clientele I see going into the recreational marijuana outlets are predominately male and mostly in their 20's or early 30's. I doubt they are seeking medical relief. Hopefully pot will get them through their testosterone storm as an alternative to alcohol or other more harmful substances. It's become commonplace enough here that it's hard to think there are still states where having small amounts can land a person in jail or prison. I'm mostly for it's legalization, not just for medical reasons, but to keep people making adult choices out of the legal justice system for relatively harmless and victimless crimes.

Glad you enjoyed your Colorado visit, Gary. You know there are places in southern and western Colorado where real estate is still quite affordable.

Thread Information