Thread: Air fryer?

Air fryer?

Does anyone here have an air fryer? Whatcha think of it?

At first, I liked the idea of it--crisp food, without the trouble of buying and storing oil, but the more I looked into it, the less interested I became. It's a big old appliance with a tiny usable cooking well. I would probably only use it for the occasional twice-fried green beans; I don't cook fries or snack foods much, so there's that. I've decided to hold off until I have some counter space and buy the Breville counter top oven with air-fry (and dehydrator) capability instead. As appliances go, I like and use my Instant Pot, and recommend it.

I have a Farberware air fryer. I got it a little over a year ago at the urging of my best friend, and I wasn't sure I'd like it... BUT, I love it, especially for chicken. I cook 6 chicken legs at a time, and they come out perfect. The fryer is easy to clean, and there are dozens of recipes on line- which is important for getting the timing right. With the air fryer, rice cooker, and microwave, I can go for weeks without using my stove or oven.

Forgot to say, I find it pretty perfect in cooking for one person. It would also work for 2, but would be a real nuisance for more than that.

As a single person, I have had multiple friends tell me I should get the one that our local warehouse club sells. I like the idea, but hate the idea of counter clutter. If the kitchen was laid out more like some NY apartments, where it or a hotplate, then maybe.

I follow several bloggers who RAVE about it and are using it for all things fried and/or dried.

I'm not an appliance junkie. I'm considering one because sadly, I LOVE LOVE LOVE french fries and I do not need the calories as I'm overweight.

I've heard about it from friends, but i'm really not that interested because i don't think it would be useful to me. I might just use it to cook french fries

It sounds good. But, like Jane, I don't eat fried food that often to even consider getting one.

Thread Information