Thread: retreat planning

retreat planning

Sounds like this is meant to be, or at least working out. I have a week planned off in summer and I don't want to go on my planned vacation. It is at South Haven Michigan with my family, however none of my children can go. So that means spending a week with my parents, my sister and my nephews who are 12 and 14. I can't get too excited about that. Meanwhile I was looking at Spirit Rock website and there is room in a retreat that week! I am not sure if there are work retreat options or scholarship money from the foundation that supports educators to go on retreat.

So I need to do this, I am so burned out. I am not sure how the money totally works out but I can make that happen.

Go for it if it is what you want!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So how did it go? Or did it?

I've been to day retreats in Santa Fe. I want to go to a longer one soon, but plan to try a self retreat first. When I do go it probably won't be Spirit Rock. Can't afford it.

Maybe Insight Meditation center in Barre MA. Jack Kornfield's at SR, while Joseph Goldstein and Sharon Salzberg are at Insight. Incredibly, it's much less expensive.

Thread Information