I met a new friend, somewhat recently. Well, he was merely an acquaintance, but we've hung out a bunch of times now, so I guess we're friends. It is all very bromantic. haha

Anyway, the dude is a leftist and self-identifies as a male feminist. He is married to a woman.

At lunch yesterday he was talking about his significant other. He always speaks positively of her, so he was not on a rant or anything. But she seemed like she'd be cool from what he has told me of her. So I said: "She seems really cool! You should introduce me to her. I'd like to get to know her as well."

He laughed for a second then seriously said: "She is not interested in meeting anymore straight white men for a while."

He is straight and white, so I quipped: "She gets enough straight white male from you, huh?"

But the point he made and re-made after my quip was that she currently has no interest in meeting or interacting with more straight white males. Though he said: "I know you all would get along great! Maybe in the future she'll want to meet."

While I think that she, and everyone else, should be able to freely associate or refrain from associating with anyone they want I do think it is worthwhile to examine her policy critically. Though I did not examine it with him, I merely said: "Fair enough."

But in my head I thought: "I doubt I'd ever have much interest in meeting her now, as I know she judges people by their sex, gender, and skin color rather than the content of their character."

Thoughts?