Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand people!

I don't understand people!

I recently went to a cooking club meeting at our local library. The concept is there is a theme, you check out a library book and then make one of the recipes from the book. We all lined up our food and put the book behind to show the recipe. First, a gal started taking food I brought and putting it into a container to take home before we all even sat down to eat. I told her I didn't care if she took some later after everyone had taken a taste ... to be sure there was enough. I thought that was a lot of gaul. Then when I got home I realized that the library book was not on the table behind my food. I brought the book in but it was not there for me to take back out of the room. BTW the gal who took the food earlier left early and the book was there. So, someone actually TOOK a library book that I checked out. I spoke to the library director and explained. It is now listed as lost. WTH!!! I will just take the recipe in the future (if I decide to continue to go). This really bummed me out.

That is so bizarre!

Not sure what to say about the food. Some people are just strange that way. Regarding the book, I assume your library has those gates that beep if an unchecked out book goes through them? Maybe next time, when you arrive, have them check the book back in. That way it's no longer your responsibility, plus, if someone tries to steal it it will set off the alarm.

Oh that is very weird, I would be especially upset about the book. What if you get charged for it? And the food, wait until the end or let the cook take leftovers or offer them. You spent the money on the recipe after all.

I have after school clubs and we set out snack for the students who are signed up for clubs. I had one child with a lot of food allergies so he had a special snack set off to the side. All the kids totally understood, but a grandparent who was visiting just started randomly eating things off the table, including the special snack. Who eats the 3 apple slices in a room of 70 kids? People are weird.

I may be cynical but I believe there are people who look for free food events. When I worked at the university, we would have buffets for lecturer guests. People would show up, load up their plates and leave the room. I hear the same thing happens at hotels during special events.

I may be cynical but I believe there are people who look for free food events.
    You're not cynical at all, it happens. I used to go to a lot of network events with this person Lee. He would show up, eat the free pizza and leave before the speaker or event actually started. I talked to him once, and turns out he was single and didn't like to cook, so he found these industry events to attend (Boston area- so there was something pretty much every day).

Yppej
    Whole Foods has some good free samples on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Whole Foods has some good free samples on weekends.
    Yeah, I saw what had to be a homeless woman in Whole Foods once, going around sampling the free food.

frugalone........what did the lady say to you, after you told her to please wait until after everyone had eaten? Did she collect other foods? Was she even part of the cooking club? Very strange.

I know a couple that was kicked out of one of those wholesale clubs, as they paid their memberships and all they ever did was walk around all day and eat on the free samples (and keep going back). They had purchased the membership just for that.
    I see it, I just don't get it.

Yes, there are people who follow all of the arts programs to attend free food events. One of those women lived in my neighborhood.

Thread Information