Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Left?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Maybe, but he has said: "I cannot wait until 2050 when white people are the minority in the US."
    That sort of outlook has been gaining ground among the left for some time now. I saw a HuffPo opinion piece last week advocating a worldwide prohibition on white people being able to vote for at least one generation. Of course, now that I mention it, the article has been taken down.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That sort of outlook has been gaining ground among the left for some time now. I saw a HuffPo opinion piece last week advocating a worldwide prohibition on white people being able to vote for at least one generation. Of course, now that I mention it, the article has been taken down.
    I don't think that a nation being run by people of color will automatically be more socially or economically just. I have pointed this out to SJWs and they usually say: "But it will make it inconvenient and more difficult for the system to remain racist."

I don't think that a nation being run by people of color will automatically be more socially or economically just. I have pointed this out to SJWs and they usually say: "But it will make it inconvenient and more difficult for the system to remain racist."
    The goal of the author I referenced had no interest in being more just, the stated goal was to redistribute wealth while providing no legal recourse for their victims. There's nothing just, socially or economically in that reasoning.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I don't think that a nation being run by people of color will automatically be more socially or economically just.
    they probably mean "at least Trump wouldn't have got elected", it is true enough it was whites that gave him the majority and no other race and not even close (although he did get some votes from some minorities) but whether or not it means that all depends on the distribution of votes. Afterall, Hillary already won the popular vote and so if there were twice as many Hillary voters in some solid Hillary state it wouldn't have changed anything (just given her a larger margin of popular votes to lose the presidency with).
    Trees don't grow on money

Maybe, but he has said: "I cannot wait until 2050 when white people are the minority in the US."
    Maybe he should move to California. Not only are white people not the majority, we're not the largest population group.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe he should move to California. Not only are white people not the majority, we're not the largest population group.
    Is it a paradise?

Is it a paradise?
    Absolutely. There's a lot to like. And plenty of non-white straight males for your friend's wife to interact with!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Absolutely. There's a lot to like. And plenty of non-white straight males for your friend's wife to interact with!
    Can't grow lilies naturally there. What use is it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Can't grow lilies naturally there. What use is it.
    That is a clear and simple perspective which sorts out the priorities very quickly. lol My chuckle for the day.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I go where I am celebrated, not tolerated.
    If I took that attitude, I'd never leave the house. And even there, some rooms would be problematic.

Thread Information