Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Prediction Prof predicts impeachment

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    248
    ditto the above post

  2. #12
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,914
    I find choosing between Pence and Trump much like choosing between Trump and Clinton. Both options are so repellent, I can't pick a favorite. (Do you ever play the mental game of whether you would prefer to die from ALS or Alzheimer's? Yeah, just like that).

  3. #13
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,803
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I find choosing between Pence and Trump much like choosing between Trump and Clinton. Both options are so repellent, I can't pick a favorite. (Do you ever play the mental game of whether you would prefer to die from ALS or Alzheimer's? Yeah, just like that).
    Alzheimer's. My mother enjoyed much of her life until the very end.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    248
    I have gotten to the point of just hitting the news sites 1,2,3,4 fast quick "their" headline highlighted in red for the morning grab you. Nothing more than that. They are all so different on what the pressing Trump/World issue "should" be in my life as they see it. Then the end of the day I do it again to see if those issues are still an issue. If so I will read, usually only to have those issues forgotten by the sites soon afterwards.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    "You are undoing a national election, and I can't think of anything more serious politically than undoing an election," Bloch said. "Whether you like Trump or not, he's now the president until he's done something impeachable which he hasn't, so far as we know."

    Wait, what?
    Do I miss remembering that Clinton was impeached, yet he remained as president? So Trump could be impeached as well, and that wouldn't take him from office. Doesn't seem to be a one shot thing.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,269
    I enjoy speculating, but my humble opinion is that we are pretty much stuck with the guy. I did a little cursory lookup and it didn't even look likely to gain many seats in congress in mid-terms. The best outcome I can think of is that he continues to demonstrate incompetence and people just stop listening to him. His routine of no exercise other than cart supported golf, a taste for fast food, and lack of sleep might catch up with him before impeachment.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,193
    My friend with Alzheimer's was happy until about 17 months ago but the last 17 months has been hell for her. Rogar, you are right that with his bad habits he may just go on his own or have a massive heart attack, etc and be unable to remain in office.

  8. #18
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,131
    I notice he seems to be rather breathless lately; maybe the dizzying pace of his "reforms" is wearing him out.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Wait, what?
    Do I miss remembering that Clinton was impeached, yet he remained as president? So Trump could be impeached as well, and that wouldn't take him from office. Doesn't seem to be a one shot thing.
    Impeachment just means you're going to trial - Clinton was acquitted. If Trump was impeached and acquitted, he'd walk as well.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I notice he seems to be rather breathless lately; maybe the dizzying pace of his "reforms" is wearing him out.
    Or golf.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •