Thread: Someone quit whining and moved. Calexit part 2

Someone quit whining and moved. Calexit part 2

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...russia-n747706

So someone has the guts to do more then whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, find a crutch to explain why they can only whine, hide behind a title...........

So, disillusioned with the United States, he's off to seek a better life in Russia? That's not something you see every day.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    So, disillusioned with the United States, he's off to seek a better life in Russia? That's not something you see every day.
    No, you don't see that every day, I'll give you that. Russia for me personally does not work - they have a very anti-gay mindset there, and Mr. Putin scares me only a little less than Trump does. But I truly respect this man for picking up stakes and moving to Russia - just think how difficult it must be to learn the Russian language.....Rob

I saw a documentary about gays in Russia and how often they are targeted and killed. Hopefully, the guy does not need to work because it is unlikely he will be able to find any. Russian and Polish are very hard languages to learn.

Russian doesn't seem to be particularly difficult. The DLI only lists it as a Level 3 difficulty language and my daughter seems to have become reasonably proficient at it in short order.

Finnish is turning out to be a bear though.

Norwegian is pretty trivial (as is Swedish), and both those nations would be fine choices to move to, as would Iceland. Icelandic is reasonably easy to pick up as well.

The Foreign Service Institute puts Polish and Russian in Category 4 which is the most difficult to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The Foreign Service Institute puts Polish and Russian in Category 4 which is the most difficult to learn.
    The DLI seems to disagree.

http://www.dliflc.edu/about/languages-at-dliflc/

Thread Information