Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best way to finance home improvements

I heard that also, tt, re first offer is where you'll end up We did pack most of our stuff to decilutter and depersonalize. I love living so spartan like. My husband has emotional attachment to stuff, so if nothing else, this exercise has served a purpose because we have really downsized his stuff.

Another thought.....

What does the real estate appraiser think your house should be priced at, not what your asking. I knew of one situation where the house was priced low, because they wanted a quick sale. People stayed away, thinking if it is that low, there are problems with it.
    They ended up selling the house and 90% contents to a gal I know, for her first house.

ToomuchStuff, The real estate agent thinks we're priced to sell and that the price is what similar homes have been valued for bank appraisal purposes.

Kind of sad and funny but the house we sold in Austin last fall has gone up another $50K in appraised value since we sold it. I let it go for slightly below market to find just the right family who I thought would love it like we did. And then, just a month or so ago, I found out they are selling after only six months. So much for tying up emotions in real estate.

Wow, Pinkytoe, that is something. I remember how you agonized during that process and for it to end up that way, with the "perfect family" becoming perfect profiteers-- wow. I will keep this in mind next time I sell a house.

I have loved some of my houses better then others but once I decide to sell I don't care what they do with the property. I disconnect and try to get the best price we can. At that point it is all about the $.

Thread Information