Thread: Where to recycle leather?

Where to recycle leather?

I try to recycle everything that I can. I have an old leather purse that I don't think would be appreciated by Goodwill. Have any of you ever found a place that accepts leather for recycling? Thanks.

Do you have a craft thrift store in your area? They might take it. Otherwise, I'd just make it part of my regular thrift donation. I've seen some sad-looking bags in my travels.

Cathy, leather rots. Cut out the metal parts and chuck it in the field, either whole, or cut into bits. Or bury it, sans hardware. Or open it up and set it in the flower bed and plant annuals in it until it rots, and then trash the metal hardware. I've put both indoor and outside plants in all sorts of things - boots, baskets, purses, luggage, etc. I too try to keep what I can out of the waste-stream....

I like early morning's idea. My mother used to plant succulents in old shoes. You can donate the hardware for crafters to reuse. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    Cathy, leather rots. Cut out the metal parts and chuck it in the field, either whole, or cut into bits. Or bury it, sans hardware. Or open it up and set it in the flower bed and plant annuals in it until it rots, and then trash the metal hardware. I've put both indoor and outside plants in all sorts of things - boots, baskets, purses, luggage, etc. I too try to keep what I can out of the waste-stream....
    Thanks early morning........that's a good idea! Maybe I'll grow a money plant in it.

Oh, what neat idea--hang it from a garden gate and put a petunia in it!

Thread Information