Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 59

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I just have to remember that you are fairly new when I read things like this.

I do think razz has a good idea of characteristics of a supportive, long term relationship.
    If Razz is going to razz me then I am going razz Razz.

Razz:

If you suffered a loss, then I am sincerely sorry to hear of this. I did not know.

I had a long term relationship with a man 12 years younger than I. We were together nearly 10 years. Mostly good. But we grew apart for 2 reasons: I became more interested in health and fitness so as to be active as long as I could and he became less so to the point of becoming way morbidly obese and unattractive. Second, he became consumed with his career and very focused on that about the same time I was wanting to wind down and look at retirement. He didn't have time to explore life, and I was ready to spread my wings more.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I figure if you're on this earth at the same time as someone, age doesn't matter, if both of you are fulfilled in he relationship.

She and I just couldn't seem to connect. So we gracefully called it off. Nice gal though, for certain.

I had a good, six-year relationship with a man twenty years older than me, and we've been friends off and on since then. If there are no logistical issues (e.g. you want kids), go for it. And I'm fifty-one and share much less on first dates than I used to because that's what works for me now. I wouldn't take it personally.

And also, the Washington Post has a story today on the fact that the French presidential candidate is 25 years younger than his wife:

https://www.washingtonpost.com

Not to mention Mary Kay Letourneau and her husband Vili Fualaau, still together after all these years.

Jane, it's so sad when Mary Kay Letourneau is any kind of role model, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Jane, it's so sad when Mary Kay Letourneau is any kind of role model, isn't it.
    It is, because she's clearly a little off. He seems more mature than she does, which surprises me.

Thread Information