Thread: The Fall by Albert Camus

The Fall by Albert Camus

The Fall is a worthwhile read. I am on the home stretch of this little, cryptic book. I find it interesting and enjoyable in an intellectual way.

Anyone else read it?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    The Fall is a worthwhile read. I am on the home stretch of this little, cryptic book. I find it interesting and enjoyable in an intellectual way.

Anyone else read it?
    I've read other books by Camus but not The Fall. What do you like about it?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I've read other books by Camus but not The Fall. What do you like about it?
    It is an exploration of a character, a type of person, or maybe all persons in certain ways.

Sounds interesting, I read Camus in college in French. I spent a lot of the time just trying to understand the basic language. I should put that on my list,

I stole The Plague from my high school library when I was about 16. It was excellent and thought provoking. I read The Stranger in college, and that was heartbreaking but also excellent. I don't read French, so I have always read translations.

I think it was one of those books I had to read or that was on a reading list in high school, it made no huge impression, so was the Stranger I think (at least one of them was assigned reading but I did read both of them).

I did really like the Plague which I read in college as assigned reading for an English class but it's a different book - more heroic and with a moral thrust, even though it depicts a horrible situation. The Plague while working on it's own terms (as disease) which is how I read it, was meant to stand as a symbol of the Nazis also supposedly (back when the term resistance wasn't just a slogan).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information