Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have never had a passport

I have never had a passport

and for some reason I want to get one. I don't know where I might go, but it is possible I could travel some day. Hmmm, seems like a pretty simple process. I am sure everyone else has a passport and I am the only one without one.

See what happens when you wake up early on a Saturday

Yppej
    Mine expired 25 years ago. So no you are not the only one without.

We got one many years ago for a trip overseas, then renewed it for Canadian travel. Might still go to Ireland. It's only been used 3 times.

It makes me anxious to think about not having a passport. This year I renewed mine about 3 months before I would have had to, ut I didnt want there to be any screwups. My distrust of gubmnt bureaucracy is pretty high.

I travel abroad quite a few times a year and I have had my own passport since I was a teenager, before that I was on my parents' passports. My children travelled as unaccompanied minors to various European countries since they were about 10.

I don't know anyone in my social circle who doesn't have a passport!

I've never had one either, ZG, and neither has my husband. We pretty much don't leave New England, let alone the US.

I have had a passport since a child. We have travelled extensively even with our child when he was younger. It totally changes your perception of the world. I believe the passports now (since Jan, I believe) are smaller. So, if you go to many places and there are not enough pages you have to pay more.

Have had a passport for years and will continue to do so to give me the freedom to move around as I wish especially since one now needs a passport to visit the US.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

It's much cheaper doing it ahead of time than expediting it.

Also of note: renew them *well* ahead of time, some countries won't let you in if you are going to expire within the next few months.

Thread Information