Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need ideas for drinks for a crowd

Elderflower cordial isn't too sweet. I have a kind neighbour who picks the flowers in my garden and 'pays' me with cordial. It's a family summer non-alcoholic favourite served with sparkling mineral water.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I have one of those jars that FloatOn has links to. I've actually brought it to our farm potluck with dandelion iced tea in it. It was a huge hit, because they usually don't have soda, and most people bring beer and/or wine, so it was a great alternative.
    I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get one f those things. I have wanted to avoid storing and cleanup ng another thingie. But whatever the solution, it involved physical objects that sit around.

I really just wish that A,erica s would stop being so obsessed with hydration. OTOH it is churlish to fail to offer somethi g to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I really just wish that A,erica s would stop being so obsessed with hydration. OTOH it is churlish to fail to offer somethi g to drink.
    I know that in Colorado everyone has a water bottle all the time, at least in my groups. Of course in schools and programs outdoors a lot that makes sense. So with teh dry climate we are always prepared, We had a new family move from Kansas and I had to make sure they understood about hydration for the kiddo who was not drinking enough and had super dry skin.

[QUOTE=iris lilies;268332]I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get one f those things. QUOTE]

I read this as "get one of those f***ing things. Jeesh. Very ungarden club!

The event is over, I did not do it right. i ended up buying individual containers. I bought a dozen "fruit flavored" drinks that were disgusting, and a dozen bottles of favored iced teas. Lots leftover. The teas we will use up, the fruit drinks, ugh no way. I hope to find a children's party that will accept,this donatio . Or a house full of kids.

But really, I need to buy one of those 3 gallon servers.

IL: Isn't it likely another member has a dispenser you could borrow? If you do end up buying something, you might find that you enjoy having infused water in the fridge. We really enjoyed it last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The event is over, I did not do it right. i ended up buying individual containers. I bought a dozen "fruit flavored" drinks that were disgusting, and a dozen bottles of favored iced teas. Lots leftover. The teas we will use up, the fruit drinks, ugh no way. I hope to find a children's party that will accept,this donatio . Or a house full of kids.

But really, I need to buy one of those 3 gallon servers.
    When we do stuff like that, we mix up whatever we're serving in a concentrated form in a gallon jar or jug (stronger tea, or frozen juice with less water than suggested added, or whatever), then pour it and club soda into a jug.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B. View Post
    When we do stuff like that, we mix up whatever we're serving in a concentrated form in a gallon jar or jug (stronger tea, or frozen juice with less water than suggested added, or whatever), then pour it and club soda into a jug.
    This is the winner!

I dont know why I didn't think of this. This works for us because we have an endless supply of disposable gallon jugs because DH drinks 2 gallons of milk each week. We have a funnel. THiS is what we shoild do. i am going to make a note of this in my cookbook where I keep notes for crowds/parties.

The rest of the food went well--i made pulled pork for sandwiches, brownies, and green salad. I knew we would eat any leftovers of the green salad, and all other leftovers could be frozen.

Thread Information