Yesterday I was noticing that I am watching "tv" (online) too much again. And I realized I am watching shows with weird, socially disfunctional characters because they are comforting. I am lonely and I want to hang out with the characters.

i was telling dh about a social interaction that didn't go well at the foodbank yesterday and he said "we have a guy at work who always tells too much truth. You'd love him." And I asked "can you bring him home to dinner?" Dh laughed. I said " seriously." He said "no."

I told him I need to do something about my social life. "My best friends are 16 y.o. Autistics kids" ("aspbergers" is now "high functioning autism") he said "it's about where you hang out."

So I asked where I should hang out and he just said "I don't know, I have no friends because I'm always at work or working on this house." (Or playing racquetball after work on Mondays, golf group after work on Tuesdays, racquetball or soccer on Wednesdays, stopping off at the bar with guys from work on Fridays. - I'm not complaining, I just don't think that was an honest statement, so don't feel too sorry for him)

i remember having a conversation with one of my best friends from college about how his mom would get upset with him because neighborhood kids would come over and ask if he wanted to come out and play and he would ask " and do what?" And when they would suggest something he'd give a response like "no, I'd rather read." And go back inside. Made sense to me.

is there a "dating" app where you can list "socially disfunctional overly honest introvert with the following interests seeks friends within a 15 minute drive who will go home unoffended when told to, for conversation during parallel activities"?

yes, I know that's funny. It's also serious. Part of the problem with my life is that people laugh in the wrong places.