Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really nice holiday events in Hermann

Really nice holiday events in Hermann

My holiday barometer is all about visuals. I like pretty winter decor, lights, charming Hallmark movie village scenes, you know, the typical stuff. Appropriate music helps set the scene but there’s so much Christmas music I dislike, that can be tricky. I’m not so much into food, alcohol, Christmas carols.

We’ve had three back to back such experiences in Hermann, and I expect this to be the last of our holiday celebration even though it’s coming early in the month.

The first experience is the tablescapes fundraiser in my town. Ladies decorate 1 of 15 tables and the historical society charges $5 to come in and view the decorated tables. Every table is done masterfully, decorated to the nines. I decorated a table this year in the theme “Christmas with the Addams family. “ These designers rachet up the glam and their tables are… Extra. I love extreme decorating!

Friday night we went to the “Beast Feast” at the winery down the block. It is a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was very nice with lots of great decor. The old stone building where it was held was lovely, and the food was great. Each year they collect donations from hunters to complete the menu. We had beaver, raccoon, spoonbill, wild hog as well as the more staid venison and Turducken. We sat at a table with jovial people we did not know. It was fun.

Last night we went to a Christmas party at the home of the car club President. Their very nice house had 71 Christmas trees. Yes! No exaggeration! And it was nicely decorated otherwise, a nice house that had been, as is typical in Hermann, built onto. I got a couple of decorating ideas from it.

They built a very nice 1 bedroom apartment onto their modest split level house, built it for their autistic son. Of course they added a garage to this new structure because they are car enthusiasts. Anyway, it was interesting to see how they added onto their house.

so, a very successful Holiday week with the locals. There were tourist festivities going on throughout this weekend but I stayed away from that madness! Haha,

Did you take any photos of your Addams Family Christmas table?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Did you take any photos of your Addams Family Christmas table?
    yep! The color theme was black highlighted with gold. “Thing” made an appearance. Morticia’s love of headless roses was represented. It was fun, and easy to do. You can do a lot with color.

Next year I am doing a Grinch theme, and I have other ideas cooking for subsequent years.

A2745DB3-42D1-4869-AE45-8C7A62D23E2D.jpg 2DEC0E82-0D2E-42DF-A75E-64D1D30BEC3B.jpg 8F11C06E-7360-487C-AD82-68E3531D4842.jpg

Very nice. And your photos didn’t post sideways!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Very nice. And your photos didn’t post sideways!
    I am surprised by that because I forgot to make the usual procedure which is to take a photograph, and then take a screenshot of the photograph. That screenshot always seems to post upright.

Very cool!!

I love the Addams Family table!

Love the Gothic look of your Addams Family table.

That sounds like so much fun! And right up your alley, too!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Nice job on the table! Sounds like it was a fun event.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information