Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: They rammed it through - and it's pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Is it really cheaper, or do government price controls simply force providers to charge more to other customers to make up the difference? That wouldn't be an option with a single-payer system.
    Exactly. IMO, profit has no place in the commons--public schools, prisons, health care, infrastructure...

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    One good thing - my season has started to slow down again with the heat coming and the resulting lack of tourism/business travel/conventions in town. This has one upside I can see - I'm not working tonight so I will have the ability to join the Trumpcare protest! One great thing about our current President - he gives us so much to protest about, it's almost like we are spoiled for choice! Rob
    I hope watching this disgusting celebration of naked greed will galvanize the apathetic into action.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Exactly. IMO, profit has no place in the commons--public schools, prisons, health care, infrastructure...
    What does "profit" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'm not working tonight so I will have the ability to join the Trumpcare protest! One great thing about our current President - he gives us so much to protest about, it's almost like we are spoiled for choice!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Sure, theoretically I could get behind. But the devil is in the details.

What constitutes the "floor" and are there any fiscal restraints using the taxpayers' dime? What keeps deficit spending from growing? Does anyone care about that?
    I would ask the same about the tax cuts they have lined up on the prospect of killing Obamacare.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don't think for a moment that tiered health care system would work here in the U.S. Not for a second. Racial inequality.. Class beatdown. etc etc. Nope, we all have to be equal and all have equally shitty gubmnt provided health services.
    We have a system that kind of works now - and people (some folks in Congress excluded) who are very attached to this system. I'd be curious what the impact would be expanding it to broader age ranges.

If Medicare isn't working, maybe we should just kill it? Let people pay for their own late life/end of life care as well.

It just feels not right with me that the republicans are taking soooooo much joy in removing any trace of Obama's 2 terms. It's almost as if it doesn't matter what the substance is that they are removing........but only that they ARE removing it.
    They strike me as little kids taking tantrums a lot.......very immature and closed-minded.
    Speaking of immature.............there's Trump. What an embarrassment he is for this country. He's a dorkmeyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    It just feels not right with me that the republicans are taking soooooo much joy in removing any trace of Obama's 2 terms. It's almost as if it doesn't matter what the substance is that they are removing........but only that they ARE removing it.
    Sort of like statues of inconvenient historical figures being pulled down around the country, and buildings and streets getting renamed....

“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tenngal View Post
    agreed 100%
    Curious what moving to for profit police and fire would be like. Property taxes would plummet. And people would be individually able choose whether to have these services or not.

There have been stories of buildings allowed to burn down because the local fire fees were not paid. Not in big urban areas but in local volunteer units.

Thread Information