Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They rammed it through - and it's pretty ugly.

They rammed it through - and it's pretty ugly.

Here's to hoping it dies in the Senate. It would be sad to see something this bad, and this important, get pushed into law with only a 4 vote margin.

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    Here's to hoping it dies in the Senate. It would be sad to see something this bad, and this important, get pushed into law with only a 4 vote margin.
    Give us an idea of, say, 5 specific things you dont like about the Republican bill.

I'll start, with the caveat that the summary of the bill I heard has these points correct:

1). I like No Mandate. theoretically, that just never worked for me. It is just WRONG to require a resident of this country to buy a commercial product.The Supreme Court got that wrong. It is so much b.s.

2)
    I like children staying on parents' policy up to age 26, that seems to be popular.

3) I like Slashing/burning of the long long long list of drugs and procedures thst every policy must cover for free. That is more b.s. People need to oay for this stuff, skin in the game.

4)
    I did not catch exactly the deal about Medicaid expansion, but this bill seems go give states more leewy in determining qualifications for Medicaid as well as how they may address that. i like it, never am fond of the feds stepping on the toes of the states.

5) i like that an effort to address pre exisiting conditions is made. Can we acford it? Probably not, but we cant afford any ohe health "solutions" floated about.

Do I think any of this will work, work better, work worse, to keep costs down? Probably not. And there will be winners and losers as in all gubmnt programs.

now I need to go off and Google Rand Paul's reaction to this bill.

Hell is other people.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Give us an idea of, say, 5 specific things you dont like about the Republican bill.
    The reinstatement of preexisting conditions for one. A big one. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ort/101278508/

Mostly it gets health insurance back to where it used be - the only people who can afford it are the ones that don't use it.

I think this covers some of it: https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikshe.../#519b4e5c5470

I myself, unless my employer's insurance plan goes to hell, should duck the bullet. I mentioned a few months back my employer had decided to let me go next month, luckily a buyout plan my employer offered company wide superceded that. Along with a bit more money, I'll keep my insurance at what I'm currently paying until the end of 2018 - with option for continued coverage at a higher rate (but lower than market) until I'm 65. But there will be millions of folks out there not so lucky.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    In the 85006 we are NOT fans of this new and not improved Trumpcare Plan. Those who are not on Medicaid in the neighborhood mostly go to Mexico for their healthcare as it's close and much more humane and much less expensive, so probably other than Medicaid recipients - of which there are many in this zip code - there won't be much effect on others. That didn't sound right, what I mean is that the only effect will realistically be on Medicaid recipients as those who don't qualify for Medicaid in the 85006 mostly offshore health care to Mexico already. So Thankfully we have a way around Donald Trump, the Republican party, and how little human life means to the wealthy in America.

I fear for the many in zip codes similar in makeup to the 85006 that don't live close to the Mexican border - I wonder if there will be blood in the streets? Lack of access to health care to me is understandable grounds for unpleasantly violent uprisings - not that I condone such, but I most certainly can understand such when health care access is problematic. I really believe the Republican party does not have a grasp on how many people in this country stopped believing in it years ago and are just filling space here - I really believe the Republican party has no clue as to the numbers and how prevalent this is. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    In the 85006 we are NOT fans of this new and not improved Trumpcare Plan.
    Have you read the bill yet? I still haven't figured out how much more of Alan's money I will be getting each year under this new proposal.

I wonder if there will be blood in the streets? Lack of access to health care to me is understandable grounds for unpleasantly violent uprisings - not that I condone such, but I most certainly can understand such when health care access is problematic.
    Truly, it is a remarkable reality you inhabit....

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Have you read the bill yet? I still haven't figured out how much more of Alan's money I will be getting each year under this new proposal. ...
    I think under this plan Alan will get a bonus check; like most Republican schemes, it's designed to further enrich the comfortably off.

As Alan Grayson said--"The Republican health care plan: don't get sick. And if you do get sick, die quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think under this plan Alan will get a bonus check; like most Republican schemes, it's designed to further enrich the comfortably off.
    At the moment, Alan is paying for nearly 100% of my (sorta lame) medical insurance, as I keep my income level low enough so that I get almost a complete subsidy. Under this new plan, it looks like they may have increased the income level that still qualifies you for subsidies, so that could be a win...

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Have you read the bill yet? I still haven't figured out how much more of Alan's money I will be getting each year under this new proposal.

Truly, it is a remarkable reality you inhabit....
    I live in the real world, Bae, as per my social class. Nothing more, nothing less. Just lower income reality served up with a smile and insightful inserts/advice. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post

As Alan Grayson said--"The Republican health care plan: don't get sick. And if you do get sick, die quickly."
    I can not even begin to express my gratitude for living so close to Mexico so as to minimize my chances if becoming a victim to the American Health Care Industry post Obamacare. Words fall flat....I owe so much to Mexico that I will never be able to repay it. Just to be free from the last line of Jane's post here via crossing a border is, as the Mastercard commercial used to say, priceless. Rob

Thread Information