Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: They rammed it through - and it's pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    ...I wonder if there will be blood in the streets? Lack of access to health care to me is understandable grounds for unpleasantly violent uprisings - not that I condone such, but I most certainly can understand such when health care access is problematic.
    It sounds like you can hardly wait for the bloodshed. Will you be there filming it with your smartphone, or will you already have left the country?

Words fall flat....I owe so much to Mexico that I will never be able to repay it. Just to be free from the last line of Jane's post here via crossing a border is, as the Mastercard commercial used to say, priceless. Rob
    And your marriage, Mexico recognizes it all throughout the country, right?

I mean, not as important as Alan paying for your healthcare, but still....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It sounds like you can hardly wait for the bloodshed. Will you be there filming it with your smartphone, or will you already have left the country?

I don't welcome bloodshed but see it as inevitable as long as the United States continues down it's turb-charged capitalistic/winner takes all path. I'm just a realist, Bae, but yes I'd like to be out of the country by the time this day arrives. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    And your marriage, Mexico recognizes it all throughout the country, right?

I mean, not as important as Alan paying for your healthcare, but still....
    My husband and I are waiting to see if Pena Nieto's same sex marriage proposals pass or not.....should they pass, we would be legal throughout the Mexican Republic. Rob

Just got a call from the neighborhood phone tree, from the person below me, in regards to a Trumpcare protest tomorrow. I don't care if it's going to be 106F tomorrow here, I'm in! Rob

I can not even begin to express my gratitude for living so close to Mexico so as to minimize my chances if becoming a victim to the American Health Care Industry post Obamacare. Words fall flat....I owe so much to Mexico that I will never be able to repay it. Just to be free from the last line of Jane's post here via crossing a border is, as the Mastercard commercial used to say, priceless. Rob
    Maybe Mexico should take better care of Mexicans. After all, the Mexican healthcare system sucks worse than the US system. Try going to live in Mexico as an average Mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Maybe Mexico should take better care of Mexicans. After all, the Mexican healthcare system sucks worse than the US system. Try going to live in Mexico as an average Mexican.
    Au contraire. For starters, Mexico isn't "taking care" of me as a citizen - though Mexico has had universal health care in place for all it's citizens since 2012, I am paying out of pocket - at costs which are much less than US prices at facilities that meet or exceed US Standards......yes, it's true, and yes, this is an very potent weapon against the US and how little human life means in this country. Avail yourself of it - or disempower yourself - only you can make the choice. Obviously, I've made my choice LOL. But I would agree that for the time being, for the average Mexican, things are more of a challenge, yes. At the rate the standard of living is tanking in the US, however, the day will come when Mexico and the US are even.....Rob

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    The median income in the US is around $57,000 dollars
    once you pay your mortgage, utilities, food, tax money into social security , occasional new shoes for the kids and so on how much can you expect to spend on basic healthcare?
    Because what I can see is people who get up every morning and go to work, send their kids to school, pay the required taxes are getting the shaft. Because your healthcare dollars are going to insurance companies, with big shiny buildings full of employees, CEO huge compensations packages, tons of paperwork and so on. In my case they can charge me 5x what a young person pays due to my age, even though my average MD contact is 2x/ year for routine bloodwork and preventative care. It is insane. These cowards passed this bill so they could go on recess and leave it to the senate to clean up their mess. Truly despicable human beings. Celebrating the rich getting richer, more people uninsured and higher rates for those who are elderly or have a preexisting condition. When you lay your head on your pillow tonight pray that you don't get a cancer, diabetes or cardiac diagnosis or you can lose everything.

Lack of access to health care to me is understandable grounds for unpleasantly violent uprisings - not that I condone such, but I most certainly can understand such when health care access is problematic.
    Why, so they can use the socialized medicine, paid for by taxpayers, in the corrections system?

A question for those who do not like HR 1628. What is it specifically that you do not like? Please cite the provision of the bill and not what you have heard from someone or on TV. Here is a link to the bill:

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-...15hr1628rh.pdf

Thread Information