Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: They rammed it through - and it's pretty ugly.

I have an adult son who was deemed disabled as of 12-16. The weight off our shoulders for so many reasons was immense. We had 100% supported his medical and needs till this. I am scared for his care. I do not know much of how this will affect his medical I just don not know.......

It's been an interesting turn of events, with the conservatives so bent on repealing the ACA and when it finally comes down to it, many parts seem like a pretty good idea to keep. I think people have grown to like the concept of some form of universal coverage. Maybe there will be a time under different politics when single payer insurance will finally make the most sense. Unfortunately it looks like we are stuck with a deal that hurts the elderly and will make health insurance unaffordable to some.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensmom View Post
    A question for those who do not like HR 1628. What is it specifically that you do not like? Please cite the provision of the bill and not what you have heard from someone or on TV. Here is a link to the bill:

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-...15hr1628rh.pdf
    section103 title 1
    no Medicaid funding for women's non abortion health services at a place that may also provide abortions. Essentially cuts Access to poor women's health care like mammograms, Pap smears and birth control.

Another attempt for for a bunch of self righteous "christians" to regulate a legal procedure through the back door. No federal monies are allowed to pay for abortions as it is, which I agree with. But it is not my business what other women do. Unless of course unwanted babies are adopted or cared for throughout their childhood. I do want women to be able to get whatever preventative health care service they need. Defunding planned parenthood non abortion services is evil. Where are these women going to get care?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I've been reading online that Trumpcare is likely to die in the Senate.....let's all cross our fingers and hope for the best. I will be protesting tonight if the bill hasn't been killed by this late afternoon.....I encourage everyone here to do the same - get your voice heard - take to the streets to save lives and to put human life over the rich getting richer. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Why, so they can use the socialized medicine, paid for by taxpayers, in the corrections system?
    Look throughout the course of human history. Ignore me and look at history, and you will see that repeatedly when a given society places little value of human rights and human dignity, bloodshed eventually follows. I personally believe we are not far from it at this point - though I don't have a crystal ball and I don't read the future. Certainly Trumpcare proves how little human life means in America - though this is no great surprise to me, I knew this down to my DNA when I was 14. I will admit that ObamaCare did give me some hope but the problem with ObamaCare is that one party has to remain in power for human rights to matter and there is no guarantee that the Democrats will remain in power for human rights/human life to continue to matter - as you can see Clinton lost to Trump last November, thereby placing human rights/human life at great risk.

Not to be inflammatory here, but.....and no snark either......i really don't understand what your comment about the corrections system has to do with violent uprisings when the people have had enough? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    section103 title 1
    no Medicaid funding for women's non abortion health services at a place that may also provide abortions. Essentially cuts Access to poor women's health care like mammograms, Pap smears and birth control.

Another attempt for for a bunch of self righteous "christians" to regulate a legal procedure through the back door. No federal monies are allowed to pay for abortions as it is, which I agree with. But it is not my business what other women do. Unless of course unwanted babies are adopted or cared for throughout their childhood. I do want women to be able to get whatever preventative health care service they need. Defunding planned parenthood non abortion services is evil. Where are these women going to get care?
    I wish Planned Parenthood would not position itself as a political football. Theoretically I support PP and used to actually donate $. I think their public relations strategy is wrong, or perhaps their supporters are off kilter and are running on a path that PP doesnt condone, who knows. But they do this to themselves.

I wonder how that law is intended to be carried out, by organization or by facility? For instance, there is a well known abortion-providing PP facility in my city, but there are satillite PP facilities that dont do abortions. Will all facilities be denied Medicaid patients?

This is what happens when both political parties use Big government to run society. The party in power pushes their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Look throughout the course of human history. Ignore me and look at history, and you will see that repeatedly when a given society places little value of human rights and human dignity, bloodshed eventually follows. I personally believe we are not far from it at this point - though I don't have a crystal ball and I don't read the future. Certainly Trumpcare proves how little human life means in America - though this is no great surprise to me, I knew this down to my DNA when I was 14. I will admit that ObamaCare did give me some hope but the problem with ObamaCare is that one party has to remain in power for human rights to matter and there is no guarantee that the Democrats will remain in power for human rights/human life to continue to matter - as you can see Clinton lost to Trump last November, thereby placing human rights/human life at great risk.
    I know that for you, and others, this is a human rights issue. To others, it's a money issue, as in who pays. Tell me, do you have a right to other peoples money? Do you have a right to the sweat from a medical technicians brow? Must others always be responsible for your needs? If so, what is your responsibility other than voting for politicians who promise to redistribute other peoples assets to your benefit?

Not to be inflammatory here, but.....and no snark either......i really don't understand what your comment about the corrections system has to do with violent uprisings when the people have had enough?
    I think it's a cause and effect thing.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I would like a country of available affordable health insurance (since single payer will never get thru) AND, if the person's choice is to not pay for it, they have the responsibility to pay up front for any medical services including emergency care that they want others to provide to them. Why should our medical system pay for those who want to "wait for the need"? They should then save for the need.

We are devolving into an old China model where you paid or did not get it. They have started to develop a medical insurance model.

From what I've read, there seems little chance it will come out of the Senate in anything like its present form.

One good thing - my season has started to slow down again with the heat coming and the resulting lack of tourism/business travel/conventions in town. This has one upside I can see - I'm not working tonight so I will have the ability to join the Trumpcare protest! One great thing about our current President - he gives us so much to protest about, it's almost like we are spoiled for choice! Rob

Thread Information