Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm moving north for a man.

I'm moving north for a man.

Hello, all internet friends. It's been a while since I've posted as I'm on an indefinite break from internet forums. But major life developments have occurred and I wanted to share my personal blog again, in case you are interested in my new life changes. I'm going to confine my life stories to that one location: http://www.livelikeyou.ca/

Short story of the last three weeks is: In August I made an online dating profile on a whim, as I felt like maybe going on a date, not having a relationship.
    On Sept 9 a man sent me a "wink".
    ***Intense, long distance/technology-laden romance ensues.***
    Sept 19 - I fly from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories to meet him. In-person visit goes even better than expected. Wildly good compatibility in the important ways, plus the more trivial stuff that makes day to day life fun.
    Sept 29 - Official decision made for me to move to Yellowknife to live with him (this has been discussed with each other already in significant detail).
    I will be leaving Winnipeg for Yellowknife on Oct 29.

Going to Yellowknife right at the beginning of a long, dark, cold winter will be an adventure in itself. Then there's also the very new relationship that has become very serious, very quickly, but holds great promise. I hope to keep writing on both topics, so check out the blog if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestra View Post
    Hello, all internet friends. It's been a while since I've posted as I'm on an indefinite break from internet forums. But major life developments have occurred and I wanted to share my personal blog again, in case you are interested in my new life changes. I'm going to confine my life stories to that one location: http://www.livelikeyou.ca/

Short story of the last three weeks is: In August I made an online dating profile on a whim, as I felt like maybe going on a date, not having a relationship.
    On Sept 9 a man sent me a "wink".
    ***Intense, long distance/technology-laden romance ensues.***
    Sept 19 - I fly from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories to meet him. In-person visit goes even better than expected. Wildly good compatibility in the important ways, plus the more trivial stuff that makes day to day life fun.
    Sept 29 - Official decision made for me to move to Yellowknife to live with him (this has been discussed with each other already in significant detail).
    I will be leaving Winnipeg for Yellowknife on Oct 29.

Going to Yellowknife right at the beginning of a long, dark, cold winter will be an adventure in itself. Then there's also the very new relationship that has become very serious, very quickly, but holds great promise. I hope to keep writing on both topics, so check out the blog if you are interested.
    Congrats! Enjoy the adventure and the romance.

Best wishes and good luck! I love the NWT, how epic and romantic to settle there for love!

Well, you are footloose and fancy free with no encumbrances, so why not?

I would love to visit YN but not sure i'd want to live there. Good luck!

I think I caught a glimpse of Yellowknife once whilst watching an episode of Ice Road Truckers (insert ROFL smiley here)--you're a brave adventurer, Kestra! Best of luck.

There is a major hybridizedr of lilies from the NW Territories, can't remember his name, but apparently it gets warm enough to grow lilies. I think it's martagons that thrive up there.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There is a major hybridizedr of lilies from the NW Territories, can't remember his name, but apparently it gets warm enough to grow lilies. I think it's martagons that thrive up there.
    Maybe Kestra will take a pic and post it.

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited and a little apprehensive, but so is he. We're going to deal with that together. I've always been fascinated with the north, but hadn't actually been there. Then I was watching Arctic Air (now-cancelled Canadian TV show on CBC set in Yellowknife - you should check it out) and the draw to Yellowknife was even stronger. It is incredibly beautiful - at least in the summer. I didn't take that many pictures during my first visit, but will get more eventually. Winnipeg is so incredibly flat and just prairies. YK has hills, lakes, rocks, actual elevation differences, interesting buildings, and a landscape unlike anything I've seen before.

Here's one pic:

So, ya got reliable internet service up there, yo?

Thread Information