Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February Purge

February Purge

Didn't see one already created...

Day 2 of February and a lot has left the house already. Went through youngest's drawers and closet and got rid of several pants and shorts that he either outgrew or never wore. Went through seasonal/holiday decor and got rid of a wreath, an outdoor flag, and several kitchen hand towels. Also got rid of several empty boxes that was supposed to store some of the decor but got put into bins instead.

DH is taking advantage of a snowy day where we have to stay indoors to work,cleaning out the basement. Here are 5 buckets of coated electrical wires. When I said something like”good you are getting ride of that stuff!” he responded “not exactly, yet anyway. “ He has to “process” them.This means he will haul them to Hermann, burn them in the outdoor fire pit while polluting all of Hermann, and then haul the resulting copper back to the city to turn in to the metal scrap dealer. He said “it is all worth about $150!” And because he doesnt exagerate, I guess it is worth it. .?….?

F7D8703D-8889-404A-A836-26C966ED19DD.jpg

Yesterday I took to the thrift 3 bags of seldom-used items (shoes, hand towels, coffee mugs, etc) and two bags of craft items I am no longer interested in. DH also tossed in a golf bag umbrella he had won at a tournament. He already had one. Also took in a fleece blanket that my mom had started putting together years ago, one of those where you tie knots all around the edge. Well, she passed away almost 5 years ago. When we cleaned out her house I took it saying I'd finish it. So I finally did, and donated it.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

On Monday, because DH was here to lift a few of the heavier boxes, I took piles of flower show crap to St. Vincent De Paul and a friend just starting out in flower shows. I gave her the better stuff and sent the standard stuff to St.Vinnie.

I dropped a sack of vintage clothing on the home porch of someone who runs a vintage clothing shop. I have been trying for weeks now to drop this sack off at either her shop or another vintage place, but they are always closed and have no porch for a drop off.

Got rid of small box of necessary stuff to run the neighborhood block captain program since I am now FREE AT LAST from that chore.

Dropped off a small notebook of neighborhood historical files to our archivist.

Put three items on my porch for free pick up. Today listed two boxes full of like items.

took 5 five gallon buckets pull of flower show junk to the dumpster.

I am just about ready to see over the hump of flower show clean-out in my basement, so soon I will be in downhill slide.

nice, Iris...progress!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

You guys are doing great!
    From here, 3 crummy aluminum pans are gone, and a scratched up non-stick griddle pan will be departing next week when its replacement arrives.

Passed along a spare pair of fins to a friend. They were beat up but she had wanted to try these anyway so was happy to get them.

Bunch of tank rigging and hose retainer straps going to another friend today.

I have a bag for the thrift store.

If I don’t show photos it didn’t happen, right? I am only 30 minutes away from completing Total Flower Show Crap Cleanup of 2022.

photos below show boxes and bins lined up ready to be transported to Hermann. Two truckloads have already gone there. 1.5 more loads to go.

middle two photos show empty boxes and empty bins. This demonstrates how smart I was to drive around alleys after Christmas Day, picking up empty boxes. I have plenty to complete this job. And then my dear old mom had tons of these plastic bins with lids and I inherited them. Then, I have been collecting bins from the dumpsters for 2 years, they seldom have lids but that is fine.

last photos show sacks and bins of stuff going to the dumpsters (bins not going into garbage.)

I was even able to do “fine sorting “ in this work, organizing every bin with tools, table clothes/napkins/placemats, etc. i even managed to get ALL Christmas ornaments into ONE bin. Yes, ONE. I am a goddess of purging and organization. Haha.

for your viewing pleasure behold it all:

4950FFF4-6469-4304-BD6F-D8C051FECFE2.jpg
    12A64257-02F6-43AA-8A7E-79FB27F45D48.jpg
    80C90324-A180-4765-95FB-F45F708BE1B2.jpg

ACB244F3-5DFF-41F7-9543-ABF4106E9B3B.jpg

Wow, one Christmas ornament bin!! I am impressed. Last year I went from three to two and it is my dream to get down to one.

Thread Information