Thread: validation today

validation today

OMG, I have $25K that they told me at the beginning of April I need to spend by the end of June. Killer project to arrange to spend all of that. So I am working on it, and called a co-worker who is in the same position as me. She said she has never been in trouble so much before at this job or any other job. It seems that weekly we are being called out for something we didn't get done. At least it is not just me! Lots of good conversation which was not just complainy but useful.

I just thought of hiring a photographer for the 5th grade family night and spending some money that way.

That sounds like a good problem...

also, I get the comfort of having a coworker who agrees that you aren't paranoid - they really are out to get you.

(recently had a similar conversation with a coworker about a staff member whose job is to support us but we can't trust her, and admin can't seem to understand why nobody wants to ask her for help.)

Oh yeah. I am trying to not be that unreliable person while managing it all. We talked about many ways that we are struggling this year and feeling that our grouping is held to a higher standard but still required to do all the training that the less experienced and qualified people are so things are 'fair'.

I just arranged a family night with an art company that will come in and do a painting class so I just need to set up the google form sign up, that will spend about $300. At least showing I am trying.

Oh, unreliable isn't the problem. It's more in the line of: you tell her you need help adapting your curriculum for a particular student (who you really like) and the next thing you know, she's called the parents, arranged testing, filled out forms and had the kid transferred. All while telling you nothing but "oh yeah, I'm working on that." Thanks, but I'll figure it out myself, or call some personal connections out of state who are good at similar jobs! It's like her goal is to get rid of the kids who create ongoing work for her or won't result in an easy fix that makes her look good.

Can you use some of it to get temporary clerical help?
    Often, when I read your posts about work, it seems that you need clerical support.

I can use some in staffing hours, that would help. My newest person is coming in some extra hours just to do data entry and catch me up there. It is pretty simple and I don't need to waste time on it. I can hire more for summer as well. I did have 2 people considering the assistant job, at least one fell through. And one more possibility.

CL that would drive me nuts, overreact and take control but not communicate. People truly do not know how to have the most basic conversations. I had one of my staff tell a babysitter who picks up about a problem a kid had and not tell me anything. I look like an idiot when the principal checked in because I knew nothing. So I am back to talking to all the parents instead of delegating it because I need to know. On a related note my snack paperwork was a couple days late, I tried to have the club teachers track snack records and they lost things, didn't record, etc. So that takes me extra long and I might as well do it myself.

Oh yeah, I got called for jury duty, and I tried to start moving things for summer camp but that school is closed for repairs. We had a hail storm that caused a lot of damage in our area, that school had a lot of broken windows. I am not sure how to get ready now.

You should be exempt from jury duty because you provide direct care/education for children.

unless jury duty would be a break....

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    You should be exempt from jury duty because you provide direct care/education for children.

unless jury duty would be a break....
    fill in bad f-word here, I was required to sit on one last time.

SOoooo I told my supervisor about jury duty the day I got the notice. I have checked in multiple times. She can't cover for me, WTF, and no one else can. I have called the people she told me to call. Here is the problem, we have next year registration for our programs and I advertised that I am doing this from 4:30-5:30. It is very competitive to get into our programs. And what, just no one is going to be here? How the he** do I cancel the information that has been out on the website, in newsletters, everywhere for months. Someone in my department has to get over here and sit here for one freakin' hour

Hire a temp with some of your extra money?

i am really surprised they didn't let you out of jury duty. I am actually on call through June, but they haven't called me yet. Last time I got the note, I told them I would be out of town for a week of my three months and wrote " teacher" in "job" and they sent me an exemption for the whole thing even though I didn't ask. It must be a lot harder to get a jury where you are.

I should have done the postponement option, but I was staffed again so I figured I might as well do it. I hear that once you are on a jury you keep getting called. You have to do that a week in advance. Denver is super strict on everything, I am pretty sure that I would get fined for not showing or worse. Next time I am doing the postponement thing if there is any chance I won't get help.

My boss was off for 3 weeks, I was shocked they picked an educator for a child trafficking case.

Thread Information