Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Recharge Batteries?

I have recently in the past few months started using rechargeable batteries and I am happy I made the switch. There's just a good feeling about being able to use something again instead of throwing it in the trash.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Just to be sure.......you aren't talking about trying to recharge regular batteries, right? I've heard that's dangerous.
    I wouldn't use rechargeables in really important things, like CO detector, etc. I used rechargeables for a long time for some things, but haven't recently.....mostly because I just use them for things I never want to fail. Maybe they make them better now, though.

I have a little AA recharge station set up in the basement where my youngest grandson often spends the entire weekend playing Xbox games. Those controllers really go through batteries with constant use.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    The charger we ordered comes with several compatible batteries, but good thinking to warn us Cathy.

We did. Our experience was that it did NOT save us money. We stopped after a few years.

I used to like rechargeables a lot less - but I have ones that designed to be slow discharge at rest. Much less likely to pick up something you don't use that frequently and find the batteries have discharged while it was just sitting there.

Thread Information