Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There Anything More Unpleasant Than...

Hubby on 5 yr also. I am glad you are taking care of it though. SO many seem to fear it and not do it. I wonder why if because better safe then sorry.

The chance of getting colorectal cancer is about four out of a hundred over a lifetime. (This includes people with a family history.) Occult fecal testing is a safe and effective screening option for those who want to avoid colonoscopy and its attendant hassle, risk, and expense.

One of the biggest risks is that they puncture your lining which thins as we age. Many die if this happens. I still get one but some of my older friends quit at age 70. Not sure what I will do. I agree with Jane but if you have bleeding hemorrhoids then the other test won't help.

I think that was the worst day/night of my life. I'm terrible with fasting already. Then the prep on top of that. I was so nauseous and miserable and couldn't sleep all night. I almost went to the hospital early so I could be in emergency and maybe get an IV. Never again.

All done and in the clear! Nothing found this time so I don't have to go back for ten years, if ever! Got home at 12:30, ate a cheese quesadilla and managed a two hour nap. I still feel pretty lousy though.

That's great about the "promotion" to 10 years!

So glad you survived! And congrats on getting to wait 10 years this time!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I am hoping that in ten years time they will have a much less invasive way to check on our insides. Perhaps by then they will comment on how barbaric the procedure was.

I don't remember a thing about it - I had to warn them I have a tendency to wake up in the middle of procedures. This time all I remember was the nurse pushing the plunger of sedatives into the IV line and listening to a Motown song and the next thing I know I was already waking up. However, it seems that there is a day-after effect; I just tried to play my guitar and can't remember anything! I keep messing up and it is so frustrating!

Thread Information