Thread: I think I found some support

I think I found some support

I wasn't sure if this should go in community, or organizing, or here, but I decided that at it's core it's a mental health issue.

i found a bulletin board focused on hoarding that is not all filth and despair! It has people that are at various stages of recovery and also people who are impacted by hoarders. Best of all it has a daily goals thread.

the board is less active than this one, but enough that I can get some regular reinforcement without imagining poor UA gritting his teeth. I think it will help me get back in gear as I have been fairly stalled/coasting for a while and was starting to worry about backsliding.

That is great! I think a board like that is perfect. I was once on a very secret board for people dealing with passive aggressive spouses. Some were worse than mine by far. But then no one was getting out of the situations so it wasn't that helpful, kinda like the filth and despair you are talking about.

You can still post updates here of course, I tend to have to breath deep sometimes when I hear about people with a lot of stuff too. I start to worry about cleaning out my mom's clothes closet, eek.

I agree--it sounds like a very healthy board! It's always great when you find a board where people are progressing in their goals and encouraging others on. (Like this one
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

sounds good
    Trees don't grow on money

That's wonderful!

Good for you Chicken Lady. I must have missed it someplace but I didn't pick that up from your posts. You sound so industrious and I can't even envision that challenge for you.

I posted more about the hoarding issues when I first got here, but I realized that most people here couldn't relate and that many have chosen simpler (meaning more minimalist in their cases) lives in response to living/dealing with hoarders or hoarder like behaviors in loved ones, and have a lot of hurt around the issue.

i am already having a chance to discuss the underlying issues more, as I had a small setback yesterday involving packaging and someone immediately asked what it was about the packaging that made it a problem.

here, and I understand why, the overwhelming response would have been "good grief! Just throw the box away!"

so so now I have here to discuss the broader issues that make my life simple/complicated and the larger changes, and there to work on some of the details.

That sounds really good.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

CL you have encouraged me to reach out and find a group for my high sensitivity. I get frustrated trying to explain the impact to people who don't have the same thing and it is frustrating for both of us. I have seen some local groups that I have not made it to, on-line may be great.

Thread Information