Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump's firing of James Comey......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Trump's firing of James Comey......

Would anyone be surprised at this point if I stated that in the 85006 we don't approve? To be honest, in this barrio what is more important is what happens to healthcare, though Comey's firing is being viewed as an aggressive entry onto an on ramp leading to eventual impeachment - as I have posted before, I have my outfit ready for this wonderful day an even an American flag to wave around for such a day. The only people i have run across the support Trump in the 85006 are the folks who bought a former crack house six houses down from me and displayed Trump/Pence bumper stickers on their property. Such is their right of course, I won't take this from them, but they (and I don't believe they are aware of this) are the subject of much ridicule, dislike, debate, and intense speculation all over the neighborhood. It's really creepy to live so close to people that continue to display the bumper stickers on their property even after the numerous issues thus far in the Trump Presidency, but as I've said, they do have the right to alienate themselves from everyone in the barrio if they so wish.

Beyond these neighbors, conversation seems to be getting more and more impatient as the 85006 wants the Orange One as a creepy footnote in history, completely stripped of power and humilated on the national and international stage. I rather believe such a day is not too far off, but the GOP controls both House and Senate and this fact buys the Orange One time for more drama while still in office. Cringe, shudder, and wonder - who will be next in a high level position to get the ax? Never a dull moment with the Orange One at the helm......Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Would anyone be surprised at this point if I stated that in the 85006 we don't approve?
    I don't approve either, but, if Hillary had won the election after Comey's October surprise, she would have most certainly fired him first thing. Would the 85006 have approved then?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

So the crackheads moved out and Trump supporters moved in? There goes the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    So the crackheads moved out and Trump supporters moved in? There goes the neighborhood.
    You said it! At least the crackheads didn't do anything that hurt me, whereas Trump.....

So you would view them leaving to make room for a heroin retail outlet as gentrification?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    So you would view them leaving to make room for a heroin retail outlet as gentrification?
    Not entirely, no. Certainly such people do not gentrify the 85006 - though if you ask most folks in the neighborhood, they appreciate our not being gentrified, and this is one reason I have stayed put here - it's very real in the 85006. You won't get the same taste of real in a "better" zip code - this is one reason I am so proud of this area and why we have this campaign here to take ownership in and pride of the zip code.

Now, to answer your question further: I see the Trump administration overall as much more of a threat than having a crack house in operation six houses to my south. Seriously. I'll take the crackheads any day over the Trump administration. As I said, in the 85006 you get a taste of real. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Not entirely, no. Certainly such people do not gentrify the 85006 - though if you ask most folks in the neighborhood, they appreciate our not being gentrified, and this is one reason I have stayed put here - it's very real in the 85006. You won't get the same taste of real in a "better" zip code - this is one reason I am so proud of this area and why we have this campaign here to take ownership in and pride of the zip code.

Now, to answer your question further: I see the Trump administration overall as much more of a threat than having a crack house in operation six houses to my south. Seriously. I'll take the crackheads any day over the Trump administration. As I said, in the 85006 you get a taste of real. Rob
    I'm curious as to what makes your zip code more real than, say, my tidy little Midwestern city? A higher crime rate and lower homeownership rate? More poverty and less literacy? Is your experience of life somehow more authentic than some boring fellow with a regular job, an honorable discharge and a 401(k)?

Crackheads. Good neighbors...

Yup, that's "real".

You know, I used to live in the 85006.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    You know, I used to live in the 85006.
    Where I used to live, we *dreamed* of living in the 85006.

Thread Information