Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, 45 has the intelligence of maybe a 12 year old-and not a very bright one

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, that may put us back on the path of a Constitutional Republic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    During an interview with Fox News to discuss his first 100 days as president, Trump denounced the constitutional system of checks and balances as “archaic.”

“It’s a very rough system. It’s an archaic system,” Trump said. “It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

I suppose a "Constitutional Republic" doesn't really require the original Constitution - just a constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    During an interview with Fox News to discuss his first 100 days as president, Trump denounced the constitutional system of checks and balances as “archaic.”

“It’s a very rough system. It’s an archaic system,” Trump said. “It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

I suppose a "Constitutional Republic" doesn't really require the original Constitution - just a constitution.
    He is a lifelong Democrat now posing as a Republican, so no surprise there.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

In a world as dynamic as ours, there are very few things that never change. The modern liberal's view of the perceived opposition being one of the standouts.
    I suppose it's comforting to know that people on both sides of the political spectrum feel the same way about each other. Maybe conservatives are human after all...

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post

The full context of the interview if read, mentions nothing about the "Constitution". The context of the interview and the response was centered on Congressional rules. Those particular rules were referred to as "archaic". Those rules and rule making in general are left up to Congress but not directed by the Constitution.

Therefore the mainstream typists, are feeding bits of contrived news to its consumers, who lick the bowl clean and regurgitate fiction until it becomes urban legend. The human condition, being what it is, lends minds towards confirmation bias. In other words, you make your mind up first and then look for evidence to support your own perceived reality. Fact or fiction is inconsequential.

We do this in minor aspects of our lives and we carry it on in important descision making like voting or jury deliberations. We hang people, place them before firing squads, electrocute them, decapitate them, inject them with lethal doses of chemicals and crucify them to mention a few......and we assume whole segments of society to be ignorant dolts with the same process.

Splinters and logs.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Today I read an article on yahoo.com to the effect that Trump was now on a downward spiral due to his allegedly revealing information to Russians and I called a few people on the neighborhood phone tree so the story would get spread around.....I only hope this story is true. It's so humiliating to speak to my family in Austria with them having such better citizenship and them constantly making references to how inadequate US citizenship is in comparison to other countries. I keep my mouth shut in deference and respect to my family's better citizenship but sometimes it's hard. I just want to scream at them that it's not my fault I was born in a country in which human life is not worth socialized medicine. All I can do is be part of the resistance for the time being......Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Today I read an article on yahoo.com to the effect that Trump was now on a downward spiral due to his allegedly revealing information to Russians and I called a few people on the neighborhood phone tree so the story would get spread around.....I only hope this story is true. It's so humiliating to speak to my family in Austria with them having such better citizenship and them constantly making references to how inadequate US citizenship is in comparison to other countries. I keep my mouth shut in deference and respect to my family's better citizenship but sometimes it's hard. I just want to scream at them that it's not my fault I was born in a country in which human life is not worth socialized medicine. All I can do is be part of the resistance for the time being......Rob
    I am a Dutch immigrant w/most of my family over there. We ARE the laughing stock of Europe for sure.......Le sigh.

So What is this Convention of the States that is the "headlines" this morning? Is this pro or con of Mr. T?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Well, you know how we racist, xenophobic, ignorant (and lets not forget pompous) conservatives are. Just read any of the post election threads in this forum and you'll see the popular consensus leads you not to expect much from us.
    that is not what I said. If it makes you feel happy to make assumptions do so.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    that is not what I said. If it makes you feel happy to make assumptions do so.
    Excepting the pompous part, I didn't suggest you did unless you consider yourself the consensus view. Assumptions are often bi-directional.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    The conservative leader Ann Coulter's definition of the modern liberal, in her own words:
    "Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do."
    Ann Coulter is no more a "conservative leader" than you or I or Stephen Colbert are. She exists on the fringes of punditry, earning a good living out of shocking the sensibilities of the Left. The latest Berkeley freak-out was money in the bank for her.

Thread Information