Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, 45 has the intelligence of maybe a 12 year old-and not a very bright one

I D K about any of the political events happening now. I feel like everything I learned since 5th grade from the Environment to the Office of the President was or must be wrong Common curtesy, politeness, ethics all seem to have left or what is, is now the new norm. I stopped watching sitcoms and tv in general years ago when the actors seemed to yell at each other, sadly this happened to my feelings on the state of the political going ons. Now sure where that leaves me, because I do care about issue, I do care about the state of the USA and World. All sides are yelling so nothing is getting done or heard.

Personally I've always wanted the president to be the smartest guy in the room. And hopefully to not be inclined towards temper tantrums. The power the president has to make decisions that literally have life and death consequences is not something I want to trust to someone who isn't bright and calm under pressure. But apparently, if I understand correctly, there are voters who viewed 45's stupidity as a feature, not a bug.

I have very little faith his supporters will change their minds about him. I've always subscribed to the notion discussed in this article:
    http://www.npr.org/2017/03/14/520087940/why-more-details-may-be-counterproductive-when-battling-fake-news

True believers rarely, if ever, change their minds even when presented with evidence they should. Something that shakes their emotional core, not rational thinking, is usually the only way to alter their opinions.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Smart enough is required (and at a certain point isn't what one is looking for there political EXPERIENCE rather than smart?), but smartest doesn't mean moral, doesn't mean cares about other human beings, doesn't mean decent, and those are pretty important attributes that at a certain sufficiently qualified to handle the job point is what we should be looking for first and foremost. There are diminishing returns on smart in a politician, but not on decent.

So at a certain point smartest in the room is just some giant finger size contest and that's the whole of it (alright Einstein himself did seem to have a moral compass as far as the big picture goes. But smart doesn't assure it). So mostly has to have some grasp of the issues, delegate well, and mostly I'd like as close as we can get to a decent person, who I somewhat agree with. Obviously Trump doesn't fit the bill.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    He could start a nuclear war. There is no end to the harm that he could cause the world and if people can't see how big this is then there is no point in trying to explain it.
    Every President since Truman could have started a nuclear war, but none did. Kennedy came close and is still considered a revered icon. What has this President done to make you worry so?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

He's still better than Hillary.

I dont think he's going to accomplish much due to the rancor in Washington, but neither would Hillary.

So far he has gotten a Supreme Court pick in. And he may have more. And many on the lower courts. That's what I was voting for.

That and the dems picked Hillary. I didn't agree with a lot that Sanders said, but in the beginning I didn't think he was that crooked.

Every President since Truman could have started a nuclear war, but none did. Kennedy came close
    I thought that when reading this as well ... Kennedy came close, or are people not aware how close it is said to have come.
    Trees don't grow on money

I think it's more likely that the Koreans will start a nuclear war.

Hopefully Trump can use his Art Of The Deal skills to get the Chinese to handle things, it's their back yard after all.

The "Trump will start a nuclear war" thing seems to be part of the same anti-Russian narrative that's been gathering steam since well before the election.

I get so tired of people saying, "But Hilary's worse!" Come on, she lost. She's no longer in the picture. Why is that a viable defense for what's going on? What difference does it make to those of us who didn't vote for her OR Trump?

It's like your kid sibling who gets caught and in trouble then points the finger at you and says, "But he's worse!"
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think it's more likely that the Koreans will start a nuclear war.
    Agreed! If we ever have a nuclear war, my money's on Little Kim lobbing a nuke over the border in South Korea if he can't get a rocket all the way across the Sea of Japan.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information