Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Seriously, 45 has the intelligence of maybe a 12 year old-and not a very bright one

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But if it were not for the EC then a state having it's statistical mind made up wouldn't matter. Every undecided in every state would.
    That would be true to the extent that undecideds were dispersed evenly geographically. To the extent they clustered in reachable media markets, you would probably see less decisive areas getting more attention. Personally, I think most forms of campaign effort serves more to reinforce people inclined to vote for you anyway. I can't recall ever seeing a political ad, negative of positive, that actually changed my mind about a candidate. Most campaign rallies or events seem to me to be aimed at reinforcing the commitment of supporters than gaining new ones.

I do agree there is a possibility of a Trump impeachment or 25th Amendment ouster, especially if the Republicans endure the kind of midterm beating the Democrats took under Obama.

Rob, you are right that at least Pence would not embarrass us or give away secrets, etc. Jane, I loved your analogy)

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I do agree there is a possibility of a Trump impeachment or 25th Amendment ouster, especially if the Republicans endure the kind of midterm beating the Democrats took under Obama.
    I must admit I'd forgotten about the 25th Amendment option until reading Ross Douthat's article yesterday. Surprisingly, I find it oddly satisfying.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I must admit I'd forgotten about the 25th Amendment option until reading Ross Douthat's article yesterday. Surprisingly, I find it oddly satisfying.
    Short of Trump going mad-dog crazy and frothing at the mouth or proposing single-payer, I don't see his cabinet going Ides of March on him.

Impeachment might happen if it looks like there are some provable offenses and ousting him is necessary to save the country and/or the party.

This is all so crazy.....................on so many levels

Thread Information