Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, 45 has the intelligence of maybe a 12 year old-and not a very bright one

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    During an interview with Fox News to discuss his first 100 days as president, Trump denounced the constitutional system of checks and balances as “archaic.”

“It’s a very rough system. It’s an archaic system,” Trump said. “It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

I suppose a "Constitutional Republic" doesn't really require the original Constitution - just a constitution.
    I heard a lot of similar complaints about the Electoral College from people frustrated with the results.

I think a system that frustrates the ambitions of such a wide range of people is worth preserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    He is a lifelong Democrat now posing as a Republican, so no surprise there.
    So what does that say of the people who made him the nominee of the Republican party? They wanted a Democrat who was posing as a Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I heard a lot of similar complaints about the Electoral College from people frustrated with the results.

I think a system that frustrates the ambitions of such a wide range of people is worth preserving.
    I just thought it interesting why he thought it was archaic. Trump seems to approve of governments that have diminished or removed checks and balances.

I didn't realize what an impact the Electoral College had on the one person = one vote concept until this election. Apparently that isn't the case.

So what does that say of the people who made him the nominee of the Republican party? They wanted a Democrat who was posing as a Republican?
    I don't think so. I honestly believe people were fed up with the status quo and saw a non-politician as the best option. In many cases, a vote for Trump was a message to the Republican Party in much the same way that a vote for Sanders was a message to the Democratic Party.

On the Republican side, that message was strong enough to win the election. Who'd a thunk it?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I just thought it interesting why he thought it was archaic. Trump seems to approve of governments that have diminished or removed checks and balances.

I didn't realize what an impact the Electoral College had on the one person = one vote concept until this election. Apparently that isn't the case.
    One person, one vote still applies, it's just that people have forgotten that the Federal Government is a client of the States and the Electoral College transmits the individual state's wishes to the Feds.
    It's one of those checks and balances that brilliantly protects the individual states from the power centers such as New York and California. It's just that the average joe doesn't realize it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I came across a recipe for a Moroccan tagine that sounds relatively easy to make and the spice combo involved sounds tasty and not too expensive to put together.....I think it will be perfect for an upcoming (I sure hope so, anyway) Impeachment proceeding(s). It is very important for me to get the details right when life events such as this hopefully upcoming Impeachment that showcase human rights and human dignity. I want everything to be right on this day, down to the last tiny inconsequential detail. Rob

Does this apply to all systems? Or do you pick and choose your frustrating systems? After all, communism obviously frustrated the ambitions of a wide range of people.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Does this apply to all systems? Or do you pick and choose your frustrating systems? After all, communism obviously frustrated the ambitions of a wide range of people.
    I was speaking more of the ambitions to wielding power. I think the founders understood that making it difficult for any individual or group to exercise unchecked power was essential to protecting our liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I came across a recipe for a Moroccan tagine that sounds relatively easy to make and the spice combo involved sounds tasty and not too expensive to put together.....I think it will be perfect for an upcoming (I sure hope so, anyway) Impeachment proceeding(s). It is very important for me to get the details right when life events such as this hopefully upcoming Impeachment that showcase human rights and human dignity. I want everything to be right on this day, down to the last tiny inconsequential detail. Rob
    I doubt you would find Mike Pence or Paul Ryan any more appetizing.

I was speaking more of the ambitions to wielding power. I think the founders understood that making it difficult for any individual or group to exercise unchecked power was essential to protecting our liberties.
    How is it unchecked power if both sides are playing by the same rules in an election.

Thread Information