Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, 45 has the intelligence of maybe a 12 year old-and not a very bright one

Williamsmith
    No one would argue that the President lacks Churchillian eloquence. Certainly this piece is intended to highlight that deficiency; with malevolent bias. The mainstream typist did nothing to paraphrase conversational medium. Especially members of the mainstream media are offended by the lack of polished communication skills.

After all, our last Commander In Chief could have expounded on how to hard boil an egg with compelling arguements about time, directions and history. Apparently enough of the country saw a genuine motivation to lead in another direction that overshadowed the communication skill deficits.

The question many have answered and many have not identified is, "Would you rather have skill and alacrity in communication but no immediate presence or the other way around. Because few politicians exist today with both. Very few.

Incredulous as it seems, our President became the 45th despite his perceived and real impoverished language skills. Apparently, this has not hurt his credibility with a large per cent age of the population. And this due to his ability to connect and "communicate" his motivation for being President. Something, I would argue many of his predecessors failed miserably at.

To dismiss this as some latent mental disease manifesting itself is one way of rationalizing and another is to reflect the same ignorance on those who did and still do support him.

He's still better than Hillary.

He is either stupid or mentally ill and we are the laughing stock of the world-but hey I guess that is better then Hillary??? A large part of our population is not very bright or educated so this explains how he got in. He got the average joe to believe that he cared about him-what a joke. In business he stiffs small contractors all the time by refusing to pay his bills after the work is completed. Also many people do not educate themselves on the issues and only know what Fox news tells them. This whole thing would be funny except for the fact that our country is facing serious issues and this unglued man could easily start another war.

Our reputation in the world is nearly shot since this grifter was chosen by the Electoral College--what an embarrassment he is.

Is Trump stupid? Well, with all due deference to the twelve-year-old prodigies out there, he did manage to maneuver himself into the presidency.

Is Trump insane? It will probably take more than the amatuer diagnoses offered up by our therapeutic culture to establish that.

Is Trump dishonest? I think that would have to be evaluated relative to the depressing standard of contemporary American politics. It does seem clear that he lies less eloquently than his predecessors.

Does the hysterical, hate-addled hypocrisy of much of his opposition make Trump right? No. It's certainly possible for both sides to be wrong.

No one (especially in the media) wants to come out and say that he won because of all the ignorant people who voted for him. Yes, there were probably a few who just wanted a change....of any kind), but I really think it was because of the ignorant masses.I was listening to an NPR segment this morning and the question was "Would this latest thing with firing Comey change his supporters minds". The answer was.......probably not, since it's an entire mind difference.

No one wants to come out and say that the less-bright/less educated masses that voted for him ain't changing their minds. And the number of ignorant masses is growing (being born) every day. That's why we're in this gridlock.....and I'm not sure it will ever change now. Many of the republicans in Congress aren't necessarily ignorant, but they are intolerant and inflexible and uncompromising....which is also a quality of the masses who voted for Trump.

There has become so much that is funky in today's world here.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    No one (especially in the media) wants to come out and say that he won because of all the ignorant people who voted for him. Yes, there were probably a few who just wanted a change....of any kind), but I really think it was because of the ignorant masses.I was listening to an NPR segment this morning and the question was "Would this latest thing with firing Comey change his supporters minds". The answer was.......probably not, since it's an entire mind difference.

No one wants to come out and say that the less-bright/less educated masses that voted for him ain't changing their minds. And the number of ignorant masses is growing (being born) every day. That's why we're in this gridlock.....and I'm not sure it will ever change now. Many of the republicans in Congress aren't necessarily ignorant, but they are intolerant and inflexible and uncompromising....which is also a quality of the masses who voted for Trump.

There has become so much that is funky in today's world here.
    No one (excluding yourself) wants to call Trump voters ignorant? It's hard to see how anyone outside solitary confinement could say that. All you need to do is google any variation on "ignorant Trump voters" for a wealth of media invective directed at his voters.

I would go so far as to opine that much of the wind filling the Trump campaign's sails was resentment of the sneering condescension directed at "the ignorant masses" by people you would expect to know better, given their assumption of superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I would go so far as to opine that much of the wind filling the Trump campaign's sails was resentment of the sneering condescension directed at "the ignorant masses" by people you would expect to know better, given their assumption of superiority.
    Bingo! Cause and Effect
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Wow! The level of superiority exhibited in this thread is astounding. Here is a good saying - ‘the measure by which you judge, by that measure you will be judged’.

In the past if my guy lost it was no big deal and I moved on. Either party could competently run the government. What we have now is totally different. He could start a nuclear war. There is no end to the harm that he could cause the world and if people can't see how big this is then there is no point in trying to explain it.

Thread Information