Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, 45 has the intelligence of maybe a 12 year old-and not a very bright one

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    What can I say? We have different genetics and different minds. Some of us have more emotion than others. It's not always bad. In fact, I would have missed out on helping a lot of people in my nursing career if I hadn't had such an emotional nature.
    It doesn't mean I can't accept "facts", or be scientific in my assessment of some things. In fact, in many areas, I'm very analytical. It doesn't have to be extremes on either end of the continuum. And you are not an ignorant deplorable, nor am I better than you.
    We all have emotions and are influenced by them daily. It's fashionable in some circles to pretend otherwise--unless you're talking about "acceptable" (manly) emotions like anger. Lack of feelings is kind of a convenient fiction like "identity politics." I don't know what that is--if it means you are an advocate for certain policies that affect you, we all practice identity politics. (I have as many identities as Sybil, by that measure.)
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 5-13-17 at 11:03am.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Uh....the Orange Thug. Cringe, shudder. I still maintain that it is very important to have an outfit for Impeachment Day that is above your station in life and to celebrate with your neighbors and serve foods from ethnic groups that Trump has disparaged on the Joyous Day Trump Gets Kicked To The Curb. This is about the only nice thing I can say about him at this point, anything else would not be appropriate to express given my role as a Moderator here. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It has nothing to do with not being rational versus emotional. How can any rational person vote for Trump after seeing how he acted during the campaign?
    Bingo! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I understand that, but HOW does that diminish any of the stuff that is currently happening at the WH????
    Very good point, KayLR. Rob

I just saw a video produced by Atlantic Magazine that reported that white working-class males who voted for Trump were influenced by two things: 79% agreed with the statements "Things have changed so much that I feel like a stranger in my own country" and "The American way of life needs to be protected from foreign influence." (That last statement is a real howler given what we know now.) At any rate, Atlantic points to "cultural anxiety" as the key to Trump's election.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    "The American way of life needs to be protected from foreign influence."
    A great many of my Pueblo friends have expressed this belief to me. Of course, from their perspective, the Navajo are the foreign influence...

I'd like to start a thread sometime about some of the things I think about.......like the possibility that many of our problems come from thinking that we should all be the same and get along. That sort of goes hand-in-hand with there seem to be very different brains in people........some are open to differences and welcoming and some are more animalistic and defensive. (And I don't use that term in a negative way)......very much like the 2 branches of chimpanzees.........the regular ones and the bonobos.
    But that needs to be a different thread. The things I think about are not a judgement on something, but rather just an interest in the etiology of some behaviors/conditions.

I'd definitely be a bonobo--but the dishes would never get done...

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    A great many of my Pueblo friends have expressed this belief to me. Of course, from their perspective, the Navajo are the foreign influence...
    Are Pueblo descendants of Anasazi, or were they a "foreign influence" as well?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I just saw a video produced by Atlantic Magazine that reported that white working-class males who voted for Trump were influenced by two things: 79% agreed with the statements "Things have changed so much that I feel like a stranger in my own country" and "The American way of life needs to be protected from foreign influence." (That last statement is a real howler given what we know now.) At any rate, Atlantic points to "cultural anxiety" as the key to Trump's election.
    I definitely see cultural anxiety as a real possibility in why Trump got elected. I'd like to see that video. I think the bonds between Trump and his electorate are very emotional and personal, which is why they are forgiving him for his personal shortcomings--the womanizing, crudity, lying.. all kinds of things are forgivable when you have a Savior promising you redemption from a world you are increasingly afraid of.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information