Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is There Anything More Unpleasant Than...

Is There Anything More Unpleasant Than...

prepping for a colonoscopy? Six down, two more 8 oz. glasses to go of the vile gallon jug of the cleaning fluid. It's not so much that it tastes THAT bad, it's just so godd**** much of it! To drink 64 oz. in the space of a little over an hour...
    Last edited by SiouzQ.; 5-9-17 at 7:35pm.

Yppej
    I think an ultrasound is worse, because you have to hold all that fluid in.

Diverticulitis with a bowel resection involving a temporary colostomy.

You do not want this.

No one ever said Yahoo! I am prepping for a Colonoscopy! Hopefully you won't have to do this again for 10 years.

I'm on the 5 year plan due to polyps they found last time.

I have never done the entire prep. I just can't swallow that much stuff. I eat light the couple of days before and do half with my fingers crossed for the end result they are looking for. I do fess up and so far have been told everything is A-OK.

When your watery stool is clear you can stop drinking the prep. All inpatient orders are written this way.

oh dear, so far I haven't needed one. However my daughter had a deformity in her colon and we went through weeks of trying to figure it out before she had surgery. She was already a tiny 10 year old. The whole thing, liquid diet, barium from the top end, and then the bottom end, lots of tests. Finally in surgery they found a duplication in her colon. She has not needed anything since, including during her pregnancy, but it was horrible to put a child through all that.

Extremely unpleasant, but I've always worked on the assumption that I was going through the process to potentially avoid something much more unpleasant. I'm on the 5-year plan as well, and cannot quite make it through all that prep liquid but come close enough.

Ugh...I don't remember the prep being this awful the two times I've had this before. I've been awake since 2:45 am. I think my body is not processing the prep solution very "smoothly", so much gastric distress, still after all these hours. I started this process at 4pm yesterday. The procedure is at 10am and I have have to be there by 9:00.

Okay, deep breathe, I have to drink some more of this stuff because I'm still not all the way in the clear (sorry if it is TMI). It's just a long lonely time of being by myself for all these hours feeling crappy (I guess the pun is intended)! And it is cold and rainy and miserable outside.

My "new-ish" boyfriend is taking me, what a sweetheart. This will be the first time he has seen me at not my best.

Thread Information