Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back after a long time away!

So very sorry to hear about your husband, Sad Eyed Lady. What an appalling shock.

I'm glad you're back. I have never been a hugely prolific poster, but I've been here since we were back on Dave's boards.

Thanks to all of you for your kind replies to my first post in a long time. It is good to be back and to reading the many interesting thoughts and ideas being posted on the forums.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I'm so glad you found your way back to us. I hope it feels like slipping back into a familiar place with friends who have saved your spot. Very sorry to hear about your loss. ((hugs))

I am sorry to hear about your husband, I can't believe it has been two years gone from here. Welcome back, formally ctg492

Is it not ce to hear from you. What a shock about your husband, I am so sorry.

A good friend of mine had something similar happen a year after they retired at 60. Her DH was sleeping on the couch and she heard a thud. He was gone by the time he hit the floor. Such a terrible shock. I think sometimes when someone is sick you get used to the idea about what is to come but no time to adjust when it happens suddenly. She said the only good thing about it was that he did not suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    A good friend of mine had something similar happen a year after they retired at 60. Her DH was sleeping on the couch and she heard a thud. He was gone by the time he hit the floor. Such a terrible shock. I think sometimes when someone is sick you get used to the idea about what is to come but no time to adjust when it happens suddenly. She said the only good thing about it was that he did not suffer.
    Despite the trauma and shock of this happening before my eyes, the good thing is I had no questions left unanswered. I think what IF it had happened while he was driving, (he had our recycling loaded up in the car to take to a drop off place that morning); what If I came home and found him then I would have wondered how long he might have lain there, and did he suffer; what IF I had been the one gone somewhere on a trip with friends and it happened while I was gone, then how guilty I would have felt? And on and on and on. To me this was the best possible way, quickly for his sake, and my being able to be there and know how it happened. Horrible as it was.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information